Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach

RE: Bleach

Lunar is not bad, but I do think anbu keep is better.

So I was so surprised to find an anime so popular in the beginning that I tried it out, and MAN it is awesome. I love it

Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
    I've been d/ling Lunar for eps 1-3, and I haven't tried any others... should I really bother? They seem fine to me. Am I really missing out on anything?
    Nope, Lunar is probably the best for Bleach. Fairly literal translation, fast, good QC department.

Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
    i sugest getting keep_anbu or iy-f for better translations, lunar is good but they are nothing more then a speed sub when it comes to bleach i find the keep_anbu and iy-f translations to be better not considering the translations of certain things like shinigami
    How is Lunar a speed sub? The eps airs on Tues and Lunar has a sub out a day later. Now, I'm not sure what you consider fast, but to me, a speed sub is under 6 hrs (or 2 for Baka-san and Naruto). Maybe some of the other groups that are doing Bleach don't have as good QC and it takes them a little longer to make a decent quality eps. The eps are translated about as literally as possible, with it still making sense to the English speaking world, and everything else seems to be appropriately timed, and the encode is not abnormally huge. That sounds to me like a quality job done fast. Lunar isn't a speed sub, everyone else is just slow.

Why does everyone continue to defend anime-keep? Their translations for many series of late have just been plain WRONG. (Shudders at the thought of Mai-HiME eps 1 by keep...again) If its the whole translating 'shinigami' that has most people complaing, do us all a favor and grow up. Unless you have a hand in it or are doing a lot of the distro, you're a leecher and haven't earned the right to complain. Can you do all the necessary work to sub an episode of anime?...Didn't think so. (This is not directed at anyone in particular but is more of a general statment.)

One more time class: Shi = death and gami = kami = god. Now Lunar translates shinigami as "Death God", thus literally as possible. How is "Soul Reaper" better than that?

i didn't even say anything about the shinigami thing i was talking about the translations and keep_anbu's are obviously better, i'm not saying they are bad at all but they are not as good as lunar is all i'm saying but that's my opinion, i'm not gonna argue with you about yours it looks like you like lunar well that's good they are not doing a bad job but not as good as say keep_anbu or iy-f

The shinigami remark wasn't directed at you. But a large group of people have been complaining about that. I used one post for many issues. Let's say I'm beginning to get a little irritated at people making complaints about subs they are leeching and getting for free.

If unnecessarily complex words where simple ones fuction perfectly is acceptable to you continue watching keep or iy-f versions. No hostility intended. I'm sure it's clear by now I have a bias for Lunar and against keep.

Again, forgive me for the hostility, I'm just pretty irritated right now.

well.. let's stop with arguing over who translated shinigami better... it really depends on how ppl want to translate it.. and there are many ways to translate it.. and many have different opinion about it..

Bleach

One more time class: Shi = death and gami = kami = god. Now Lunar translates shinigami as "Death God", thus literally as possible. How is "Soul Reaper" better than that?[/quote]

@Ryllaharu... you answered it yourself... it is literal... many things in the japanese language cant be transled in that matter... you have to take it into context...

Not saying that they have it wrong... but my intuition says to me that using Death God is innappropiate for what these people represent...

if i told you right now "Fuck Off"... it is a matter of how you interpret it... i might mean it literally... or might not... but you wouldnt know would you?...

that's where the translation experts come in and it is a matter of who you trust the most and who you feel is putting the best general meaning of the translation in context to the situation....

and again i remind you that there is no word in Japanese to represent a Soul Reaper or the equivalent... so the usage of Shinigami might just be a substitute...

It is all a matter of your opinion... im just bringing you the options... So everyone feel free to download what they want and believe what they want... as long as you guys understand all the possibilities and have chosen what you trully believe is best....

I just got done watching the first three eps... first two keep/aone and the third lunar.... IMO the 3rd was the best so far... but that has nothing to do with the subbers... I just think death god "sounds" cooler...

but they are both appropriate

Me, I don't care what they call which, just as long as I understand what is going on.
    As for the anime, it's been so cool so far. Heh, everything has some sort of somewhat unexpected surprise or something stupid, yet funny. As for the action, it's simple, but still enjoyable and good.

Just be greatful that people are fansubbing it at all. If you prefer Lunar, watch lunar. Don't try to push your views on others. I get enough of that from door to door holy men. Myself, I prefer ANBUs translation.

See? I left it at that. I didn't say: "OMG!!11!! WATCH ANBUS!!! THEY SAY -such and such-!!11!! THEY ARE THE BEEEST!!!"

Btw, IMO they are the best. But, i degress, you are all entitled to you own opinions. And Soul Reaper just sounds more humane then "Death god".

http://a.scarywater.net/naruto/%5BNa...01.avi.torrent

Naisho & TW released episode 1 for anyone that cares

This show has grown on me over the last 3weeks. First week was cool till I rewatched the ep and asked myself why I liked it in the first place. Second ep bored me but third ep brought me back. And the opening made me do a 180, I now like it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

I don't see why this whole shinigami stuff is a great arguing point. They call his soul slayer a Zanpakutoh. I guess they have a more american translation of that blah blah blah. In the end Lunar does it quicker and IMO have the best font and more americanised translations. That's my opinion though, if you like the others that's fine by me, but Lunar is at the very least quicker and that's one thing we can all agree on. IY-F seem to have the best raws though, they're slightly darker.

<u>WHO CARES?!!?</u>
    People need to talk about the show not the translation of "shinigami" I mean for Christ's sake that subject AT MOST deserves one reply not 8 pages worth of arguing.

lol i agree, anyway TW's version is real good i like it the most out of all of them

It might not matter which subber does the best job, but it's still ok to discuss it, nothing wrong with that. No need to get so angry about it.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

i dont think its all that wise to download TW's releases in anything. they are slow and seems to drop stuff easily.

Yeah, If you're going for a collection, TW isn't the way to go. ANBU or AonE are good for consistent releases, but I don't think AonE does bleach.

Bleach

oooo, should i do what ive done with my naruto collection? all the newer releases are form anbu-aone or just aone for the newest but my older stuff is TW, i just replace the anbu-aone eps with TW as they come out

oh and by the way what did TW translate shinigami to? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

@ delux below: then its decided, keeping shinigami as shinigami, i will also do it. hooray for TW collection

they didn't translate shinigami they put a note on top of the screen, TW is the best version of bleach ep 1 out right now i'm gonna be doing just like you said replacing everything with TW

If it's gonna be the same story with Bleach as TW did with Naruto then u can't expect anything from em...
    Maybe they even don't release an ep 2...

Ah well... i don't mind what they do, i just download all the Bleach releases and throw away the worst subbers in the end [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]