Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I'm listening to a song about breakups and severing contact because I'm a pansy and still get emotional over my recent ex:

"Like when you said you felt so happy you could die
    Told myself that you were right for me
    But felt so lonely in your company"

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

It probably doesn't help that the guy in the video looks just like you, Xan. Though so does the guy who played Loki in the Thor movie, minus the hair.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

You should be listening to

"Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Ugh...listen to something that empowers you when you break up with someone. Try this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8DYukQCaUI. The word "Bitch" gets thrown around liberally:

"It's such a pitty that you're...such a bitch."
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

AILI feat. Warren G - This L.U.V.

I stumbled onto this while sitting on IRC one day and I saw this release scroll across the screen. I was like "wtf @ Warren G on a J-POP song." I do like how they fit the original "This D.J." sound into the track, though.

There's an english version also.
    Last edited by Marik; Fri, 09-16-2011 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Added english version.

Going back to 2003. A dope trip hop track by one of my all-time fav's. Too bad he ain't made anything since 2006. Flight 602 missed that 90's hip hop sound, I'd love for him to bring that back. I remember I used to bob heads with my cousin to Aim's soundtrack on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Sweet memories.

Edit: In case you're wondering where the soundtrack sample is from, Marc Moulin - Humpty Dumpty. Awesome jazz.
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Mon, 09-19-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Saw Cake at a park in Houston on Sunday. Definitely one of the best bands I've ever seen:

Holy Lord
    datbassv.jpg

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

striped-bass-fish-6308.jpeg

It is an impressive catch.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Here is at least one sentence describing the song I posted because I understand that this thread is not just a +1 for my post count. Rather, it is a medium for sharing not only music, but also opinions about what has been posted and overall inviting discussion.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Wed, 09-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Skrillex, eh? I liked the track he did for the Mortal Kombat (2011) soundtrack, which was Reptile's theme. They used it in the TV commercial as well.

Aye Marik, that song is nice, alot of Skrillex stuff is pretty damn sweet :P

Offtopic:

I can't just post a song/video because i thought it was great, I have to describe it? Even though it takes literally one click to hear it for yourselves and make your own opinion? Fine, whatever.

Btw, do people actually use this thread as some "post-count-upper" type shit? If so, just disable the postcounting for this thread like the ones in the flame pit.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I think someone posted earlier that they didn't want people to just post some random song. They want discussion about why you like the song or what it means to you. I see both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    I can't just post a song/video because i thought it was great, I have to describe it? Even though it takes literally one click to hear it for yourselves and make your own opinion? Fine, whatever.

Btw, do people actually use this thread as some "post-count-upper" type shit? If so, just disable the postcounting for this thread like the ones in the flame pit.
    Yes, that is my requirement for this thread.

Also, I saw Skrillex a couple of weeks ago at ACL. Really great show. Bunch of white teenagers lazily getting krunk as shit.

I've been mesmerized by the Silent Hill opening theme for a few days now. I didn't really like the game but the opening sequence has always haunted me:

Here's wishing this song applied to me, except for being post-breakup, which is painful:

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Simple song, nostalgic clip, soft voice: Yui-Your Heaven
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xky...d-rip-hd_music

Silly Clip/music but for some reason gives a smile: Golden Bomber- Memeshikute
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiv...eshikute_music

Somehow a WTF are they doing clip (well maybe not that much), but nice song : Yuzu- Niji
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UY19v3SzxE

Why do I keep posting only J-pop?
    Well the forums I guess. Also I guess nothing french would appeal much to the audience here. Regarding English localized stuff, well it's already full of amazing stuff here.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Simple song, nostalgic clip, soft voice: Yui-Your Heaven
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xky...d-rip-hd_music
    The video is from her trip to Sweden. I didn't think much of the song when it came out but it's growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    The video is from her trip to Sweden. I didn't think much of the song when it came out but it's growing on me.
    Yup, obviously.
    I does resonate with experiences I had in past trips.
    Also, I did know the end of Hi8 video cameras and somehow the colors and grain of pictures is something you never forget.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Yup, obviously.
    I does resonate with experiences I had in past trips.
    Also, I did know the end of Hi8 video cameras and somehow the colors and grain of pictures is something you never forget.
    What's obvious, that she's in Sweden? How is that obvious? Did I miss a sign that said "welcome foreign travelers to Sweden"?

She's used the Hi8/old school cameras to film at least 3 of her videos where she visits places from her past and now Sweden.

There's an airport sign at some point, maybe it was only obvious to me it looked like swedish