Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    I just now managed to listen to a handful of the songs on the new opeth album...there are a number of songs that I liked immediately, here's a couple of them:

Honestly, I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to feel about this album as a whole, but I know that it's going to rank lower than just about any other Opeth album I've listened to before. Still beats anything In Flames did in the last 10 years.

Opeth separating themselves from their death metal roots...I think I need a hug
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Lately i took break from metal in favour of this kind of music, plus some orchestral music. It is really good theme when you are coding/calculating stuff for studies.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Erhu is a very nice instrument. Here, there's a good balance with other instruments, which is great and rarely the case.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post

Lately i took break from metal in favour of this kind of music, plus some orchestral music. It is really good theme when you are coding/calculating stuff for studies.
    I thought for a sec there it was some kind of soapy love ost from the one the Twilight movie saga's. Couldn't be anymore wrong. Very nice instrumental.

If you like similar music with a teensy bit of rhythm too I'd suggest some Nomak tunes:

Edit: Listening to Payable on Death - Live and Die right now.
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Fri, 10-28-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I was mostly listening to Uplift Spice today as I've been to their very first concert oustide Japan... and that was in Paris.

Story:
    Uplift Spice is a small j-rock band, they've been around since 2005. They are not yet signed to a major label, but it seems they do have enough fame that they can keep doing their stuff.
    In france, we have IPTV called Nolife, aimed at geek. They are a music channel, promoting japanese music. But they also have to broadcast french and european stuff (mandatory). They also do other stuff (retro gaming, gaming and much more)
    Said IPTV has a chart called J-Top where people can vote for clips they like.
    Uplift spice enters said chart in june 2009 with Kanojo. Slow start and then get to first position.
    Hanabi no Iro, same story.
    And then every other tune gets first position the first week they are available to vote!

Nolife with partners decide to help the band come to France and voilà. First time they go abroad and it's for us in France starting with Paris (then Orleans, Limoges, Toulouse, Marseille and they'll finish in Bruxelles-Belgium)

The concert was full of energy, a bit loud to my fragile ears even full at the back of the small but packed room. (105 dB average, 115 peaks... and it was considered not too loud by some)
    It was short and intense. I'm still a little high from the experience 24hours ago.
    To tell you the truth, at 36 it's the very first time I chose to go to a live on my own accord.
    Last time I've been to a concert was in 1995 to an Elton John live, where I was accompanying the girlfriend I had then.
    I had a blast, won't do it too much for many reasons, but it was worth it.

crappy video from the live (hopping I'll get more and better) doesn't really do justice, gives only about 10% of what it was in terms of energy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEy6Es5MaeA

To get an idea, just imagine that nicely paced tune with a room packed with energized people:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lkoj9dKPBM

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Dylan up to his highest level

http://youtu.be/YN25Pp0hrOM

Its all over now, baby blue.

And now Jim Croce. Died when he was 30 in a plane wreck, such a loss. Definitely without a doubt up there as one of the greatest singer songwriters in America's short history. If you want some really laid back man and his guitar check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtOzHG0lYMs

Listening to that makes me want to at the same time play more and more and never play again its such an unreachable goal but then again the way I'm playing now felt unreachable just a year ago soo.... who knows man.
    Last edited by Kagemane_no_Jutsu; Thu, 11-03-2011 at 07:13 PM.

I've been listening to "Round of Applause" by Black Milk. It's one of the tracks featured in Fight Night Champion. If it wasn't for that game, I probably would have never heard of him. It's such a great tune to knock people out to. Kudos to EA for putting it in the game.

I can't get enough of those drums. Whoever played drums on the track is awesome.

Drake's "Take Care".

Last edited by IFHTT; Tue, 11-15-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Dir En Grey - Lotus

It's better to burn out than to fade away

I've been listening to Pu$$y by Iggy Azalea, from her mixtape, "Ignorant Art." I first heard of her when I saw the video for D.R.U.G.S, and became interested in hearing more from her. I decided to check out her mixtape and this track stood out to me.

I've been listening to Five.Bolt.Main again for awhile now. For those that know Flaw, it's Chris Volz's follow-up band (featuring a few other ex-Flaw members). My taste in music is usually much heavier, but both Flaw and FBM originated from my hometown, so I have a lot of respect for their music. While I was "growing up" (read: Junior High through High School), my best friend's sister knew the (then current) members of Flaw, and acquired their early EPs for us. I've been to several shows featuring either (including one of the "final" Flaw shows, which was quite emotional for Chris). It's one thing to like/support a band that you may or may not ever see in concert, but to personally connect with a band who's music you enjoy is one of the greatest things ever. Very few bands have made it as far as Flaw/FBM from the 502 area.

One of the more popular FBM songs (from their only studio release) is "Pathetic".

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Shuffled through this genius little work of art this morning. No words, just listen:

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.

I recently acquired the debut album from The Unguided. My face melted, and teeth were kicked in.

For anyone that listens to/is familiar with Sonic Syndicate, The Unguided is basically "Sonic Syndicate 2.0". After Richard and Roland left Sonic Syndicate, they formed The Unguided. A few months later, they released demos, with help from the guitarist and drummer of Sonic Syndicate. In November of 2011, their debut album was released. The album, titled Hell Frost, is a tribute to Sonic Syndicate's debut album, Eden Fire. The last track is a reference to it as well. In comparison to Sonic Syndicate: The only thing that's changed is the name. Their music is still just a brutal and fast-paced as before.

Sonic Syndicate has been a favourite band of mine ever since I stumbled across their music while watching a WoW PvP video, featuring the warlock Drakedog. It was depressing when Roland left, and the music changed directions (see: We Rule the Night), so I was ecstatic when I learned of The Unguided. The only thing missing from the equation is Karin Axelsson.

No music videos or studio tracks have been uploaded to Youtube yet, but here is a 15 minute preview of the debut album:

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Metalcore meets melodic death, good shit xD. I'm particularly fond of "Betrayer of the Code" right now. Not that the other songs aren't as good or even better, but this song is just commanding my attention right now, on loop. I'll eventually give the rest of the album a more thorough listen.

I'm doing the same thing with Nightwish's recent release, Imaginaerum. There's this song called "Rest Calm" that I can't stop listening to on loop despite the rest of the album being pretty sweet (if you're into Nightwish and symphonic metal).

There were videos of it on youtube, but no longer. I'll post the song when if I can find a stable source for it
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Fusion with soul and dubstep with jazz sprinkled on top, equals this:

Cool song Killa... don't like the reverb on her voice though. Sounds too mechanical and artificial amongst all the soulfulness.

I've been listening to songs from Flight of the Conchords and reminiscing about one of the best shows of all time:

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

now i am listening a chinese song which sing by wang fei. the song's name is "传奇".
    I like her empty spirit of voice!
    manga, bleach, naruto, one piece

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarkg2 View Post
    now i am listening a chinese song which sing by wang fei. the song's name is "传奇".
    I like her empty spirit of voice!
    "愛與痛的邊緣" is arguably my favourite of her songs. The chorus...

Better Audio version
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 02-25-2012 at 06:39 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar

that bf3 montage from clayman got me into it.
    heres the BF3 vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H_GPLphSQU