Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Last edited by Janice; Wed, 03-14-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Two dubstep songs i've pretty much fallen in love with, both by "Omnitica".

Damn, I just can't get enough of 'em!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

All of these songs are awesome xD. I'm particularly happy to find out what Ritchie Blackmore's been up to; folk with an occasional touch of blues and classical from his metal days, I'm absolutely loving it.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I wonder, am I the only one on these forums?

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    I wonder, am I the only one on these forums?
    You might be unknowingly running just about every account on these forums, but I can confirm that you're not running this one xD.

This is a lovely, epic song from The Gathering. It's from the album they plan on releasing late this year.

"You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Another goldie by the late Nujabes in collab with Pase Rock, an old acquaintance and member of Five Deez.

Man, I wish he was still alive.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.

Mellow track from "goth" synth rock band The Birthday Massacre:

- Inquisitor Czevak

This song is quite good xD. I love this brand of folk music. I usually hear it woven into metal music, but this works xD. These guys should help add some more variety to my playlists.

Here's a song that the metalheads among you might like:

It's from a band called Orphaned Land. They're an Israeli progressive "death metal" band in a similar vein as Opeth. They skillfully employ the use of middle eastern melodies within a metal framework that covers the entire spectrum of intensity from the softest, most subtle of musical lines to the most brutal riffs. If you like Opeth, Dream Theater, etc. you should definitely give these guys a whirl. The similarity in structure is undeniable, but they're far from being clones. Also these guys are even more diverse if you can believe that. This particular song I've had on loop for some time now. It's got me with the beautifully atmospheric chorus, classic arena rock inspired guitar melody, kick-ass solo, and an ending that makes me want to get up and godsmack the life out of shit.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Been a while since he released a new, full-fledged studio album and ever since KrayZ33 made me a fan by posting his Switchback video, I've been on the look out for one. But since June 12th this year, Celldweller's new Wish Upon A Blackstar album is up for grabs. All previously released 8 tracks present with minor tweaks and edits with the addition of another 7 tracks equipped with Intro + Outro and genres ranging from Industrial Rock to Dubstep with Electronic as a base.

Me likey.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Mellow track from "goth" synth rock band The Birthday Massacre:
    It's been years since I've listened to TBM. I saw them in concert with MSI once... That was an amazing (and extremely entertaining) night.

I've been listening to a lot of Bring Me the Horizon again lately. This song is probably my favourite right now.

Decided to link this version instead of the music video because it's just better. The MV is shortened, and the audio is too quiet.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Woke up this morning, lethargic and weak, did not want to train. Queued up a playlist my brother had given me hoping for some motivation. At the top of list was the following song:

You cannot listen to this and have ANY amount of bitch left in you by the time this is done. The Rocky soundtracks are genius *tear*.

- Inquisitor Czevak

This thread needs more Poets of the Fall

I posted about The Unguided once before, but the video I linked only contained clips of the songs. With the release of their second music video fast approaching, I was reminded that I never shared the first one here, even though I listen to it almost daily. There's also a remix video that a fan released, which I will post as well.

Aggressive instrumental from Porcupine Tree off of In Absentia, called Wedding Nails.

And yeah, the Unguided are awesome. I actually heard a more standard melodic death version of Betrayer of the Code from even before Sonic Syndicate. I thought it was good even if the demo sound is shitty:

Last edited by Uchiha Barles; Sat, 08-04-2012 at 03:31 PM.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. I've been trying to get my hands on the Fallen Angels albums for awhile now. Or demos, I guess. Sadly, I only came across Sonic Syndicate when "Only Inhuman" was released, so, short of paying tons of money, I know I won't ever have physical copies. And it's been oddly difficult to find them online.

I'm glad that their next music video is "Betrayer" though... makes for a great throwback.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I've been listening to this song for the past day or two, and it's pretty catchy.

花火 by 三代目J Soul Brothers (edit: Hanabi by Sandaime J Soul Brothers)

Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 08-19-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added english title for convenience

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

This is retardedly catchy to me

Those of you who watch Breaking Bad will recognize this one

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I've been listening to this song for the past day or two, and it's pretty catchy.

花火 by 三代目J Soul Brothers (edit: Hanabi by Sandaime J Soul Brothers)
    Soulful j-music doesn't work for me. The language just doesn't flow well or sound right in a soft or mellow tone. It's one of the reasons I've always liked Japanese and German language... very harsh and commanding sounds.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?