Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Codecs and Players

Codecs and Players

How great that you read the posts that included recommended players... as far as I know it Windows Movie Maker was NEVER mentioned as a recommended player...

Also read my post earlier in this thread... it has a working link for the CCCP codec pack... if it doesn't work for you, then you have some internet problems on your side...

Codecs and Players

The CCCp link I have in my post seems to be fine, I can get it.

You can uninstall codecs from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

shiokenstar

Codecs and Players

i was just trying to get it to work with Windows Movie Maker so i could try to make music videos with them. and i got the link working so thanks.

Codecs and Players

This AC3 codec is giving me problems... I mean it works fine.. but the volume is extremely low. And if I do raise the volume, some parts I can't really hear anything well. For example the background music of aone's initial d 4th stage releases, and some parts of FF7:AC were really low sounding. Anyone have a good configuration?

Codecs and Players

I had this problem too. Here's my solution. You're probably either using headphones or a stereo speaker setup, whereas AC3 audio is generall surround sound. Go to your player's audio options and change it to output as headphones or stereo instead of surround, and those quiet audio channels should be normal.

Codecs and Players

Hmm.... well... I have already set it to desktop stereo speakers... just for clarification, how would i do that with Windows media player?

EDIT:: Check it, heres what I'm messing around with.
    I'm using Initial D 4th Stage from Aone because thats the one with the most sounds missing.
    Open with windows media player, then I go to my task bar, and a little icon on my task bar next to my clock that says FFDShow audio appears. I right click that, then go to FFDShow Audo decoder, then under volume I'm messing around with those bars. I notice that SL and SR are playing but theres no sound at all, and during parts of the song, theres no vocals where there should be vocals (the karaoke is going but no voices)

navashuryn

Codecs and Players

Well, I ended up having to look in WMM's "Help" to find out how to get it to work, but here's what you need to do:
    Go to "Tools" and "Options", then click on the thing that says "Restore All Defaults". That makes sure that any codec that isn't compatible with Window Movie Maker isn't being used... Then, Import the video, and be sure to have the "make clips option" on, but that's not the end of what you have to do... You have to drag the file thingy that shows up in the "Collections" to the storyboard (meaning you have to take the entire video and drag it to the storyboard), then you have to go to "File", click on "Save Movie File", and go on from there... Basically, you have to change the .avi file to .wmv, or else it won't work... It took me the longest time to figure that out, and like I said, I had to go to the "Help" site in order to find that out... I hope that helps...

Seiken

Codecs and Players

The new Naruto vids wouldn't play for me, but my wife's stupid "Ghost Whisperer" episode would play just fine. My PC has been running with just the XviD codec all this time. I never bothered with DivX, ffdshow, or anything else. So anyway, I came to this forum, read some of the codec suggestions, and now nothing will play (not even my wife's stupid "Ghost Whisperer" episode.

I tried the following codec configurations:
    - just XviD
    - just DivX
    - just ffdshow
    - Xvid + DivX
    - Xvid + ffdshow
    - DivX + ffdshow
    - Xvid + DivX + ffdshow

I have tried in: bsplayer, vlc, windows media player, and media player classic.

Has anyone ever come across something like this? Pretty lost on what to do at this point. Thanks.

Seiken

Codecs and Players

Surprise! I rebooted, and everything is magical in the world. Just call me putz.

Balkoth

Codecs and Players

When i play the Naruto videos, the sound and video aren't really synchronized, the audio goes faster than the video...im using CCCP and Media Player Classic.

Kortez

Codecs and Players

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a little problem. I just finished DL FF-AC, but its telling me I need a h.264 codec but i cant seem to find it anywhere. Could someone tell me what would be the easiest way to get the movie working?

Codecs and Players

Read the posts on the first page and download the CCCP. Its not that hard people, kAi has listed EVERY codec available on his first post, not to mention that everyones answer on the first page has been answered with "Get the CCCP".
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Kortez

Codecs and Players

I tried the CCCP link he gave, but all got was a 404 error. I also DL all the other codecs that was there but that didn't help either. I also spent about 3 hours searching the net for infomation, but to no avail. I didn't want to waste your time or mine by posting a useless question but it seems I've exhausted all of my options at this point.

Codecs and Players

First off, here is where you can get the CCCP. I tend not to stick with codec packs as they tend to have a lot of bloat that I don't need (the only codec I have is Xvid and I have not had any trouble playing anything with Media Player Classic). To play videos that are encoded with H.264 (Quicktime codec), you can either get a player such as VLC or Quicktime itself. From what I have read, if you install the CCCP, it has the neccesary decoders to play H.264 encoded files. Hope I could help.

Kortez

Codecs and Players

Sorry for the late reply, but I was kind of buzy. Yes thank you it was a big help. I appreciate the assisstence. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Jinnaisbane

Codecs and Players

Sorry, but i installed CCP. And it has indeed let me view and hear AOne's: FFVII Advent children. problem is the video is slow and choppy as hell. the sound is great volume and everything. but video...yeah... help is in dire need.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnaisbane
    Sorry, but i installed CCP. And it has indeed let me view and hear AOne's: FFVII Advent children. problem is the video is slow and choppy as hell. the sound is great volume and everything. but video...yeah... help is in dire need.
    I'm thinking of many things that can cause this, what player are you using?
    image fail!

firstly I have a laptop that has two speakers. when I'm playing FF7 Advent Children everything is fine and dandy except for the audio...
    the audio is [I]really[I] quiet. any suggestions?

FF Advent children has AC3 audio. Make sure you have some AC3 codec to play it, otherwise download it from here

http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/#download

If the sound is still low then go to Control Panel > AC3 Filter. Click on Gains tab and turn up the Gains control up a a bit.

Updated the links that were broken.

If links don't work please tell me.