Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Codecs and Players

Here's a couple suggestions for the codecs:

-replace Matroska Pack with just Matroska Splitter since it can also handle OGM
    -take off OggDs because you have Matroska Splitter, and FFDShow can decode Vorbis
    -here's a better link for FFDShow: link

The only things I have installed are FFDShow, VSFilter, Matroska Splitter and AC3 Filter. I let FFDShow decode pretty much everything, including MP3. But of course, if I need to encode stuff, the actual codecs are required.

But for newbs, FFDShow might be hard to configure since it has so many options. I personally can't live without the sharpening filter.

I have the CCCP and it's working great me, very simple to install and use.

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.
    Im trying to watch blood + episode 1, but I cant open the file with windows media player. What do I need to play this episode which is an RMVB file?

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    my favorite that i have found is klite full codec pack, which includes my baby.... windows media player classic. I have been using for over a year and no problems at all, whereas i was having some kind of issues before with vlc..

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Just a little help here.
    Most of the time, when there's a traveling in a anime, the image gets a little jerky. I mean the traveling is not smooth at all.
    I have latest CCP installed, all codecs removed before that last installation.
    If I try the same video files with zoom player, vls, WMP, MPC or any player the result is the same.
    I run a P4 3.6Ghz with 1Gb of RAM under XP.
    Maybe the problem is just coming from the encode and/or original material, but I doubt it.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

heey, i didn't know this thread was here. i've been having a problem for a little while too.

about three months ago, i decided to upgrade my video card from the generic intel one to a nvidia 6200 pci-e card. before this, all my videos worked fine on wmp 10. after this, the colours on my avis were completely distorted. i uninstalled everything i had, one by one, and the problem went away when i uninstalled ffdshow. i then read somewhere that nvidia cards and ffdshow interfere with each other when interlacing video, but no one had a working solution. the problem is, before nvidia, i relied on ffdshow for pretty much all my decoding needs, and it worked perfectly. now, i've got divx, xvid, .ogg, and .mkv codecs installed separately, and some of my videos still don't work right in wmp (they work fine in vlc, though, so i know the problem's with the codecs). i've tried several codec packs, including CCCP, but none of them work. i've also tried installing wmp 11, and using gspot, but they haven't helped. i miss ffdshow, and want to get my videos working right in wmp. any suggestions?

Have you tried either of the players that come with CCCP (Media Player Classic & zoomplayer? Also are you 100% sure you don't have any extraneous programs that might come with filters or codecs that you might have missed? I had a problem a while ago where Nero installed a bunch of codecs that interfered with a random sampling of xvid avis.

waaaugh i fixed it! i just selected hardware deinterlacing in ffdshow's video output options, and it worked! finally!

yay i'm so happy. thanks for the suggestions, yuki

Quote Originally Posted by saman
    waaaugh i fixed it! i just selected hardware deinterlacing in ffdshow's video output options, and it worked! finally!

yay i'm so happy. thanks for the suggestions, yuki
    Under Deinterlacing, I only have Kernel Deinterlacing which meaning would let me think it's hardware. Am I in the wrong menu?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

well, you're using cccp, so i don't know what menu it would be for yours. however, the fact that the same thing happens no matter which player you use, especially vlc and mpc which use their own codecs, makes me think that it's not a codec problem you're having. it could be the original source or the encode, but if it happens with every avi you try to play, then it may also be your video card. what kind of video card do you have?

7600GT from gigabyte.

I'll have to be more careful wether it happens everytime or not. In fact it's not a great deal, just that some shows, or sometimes one ep in a show, get a lot of travelings, and then it becomes a problem.

None of the stuff in FFDShow is hardware-related.

Little update.
    Changed my comp, built one. For now I have a cheap E2160 CPU waiting for a E8500 to be available.
    It seems the jerkyness in travelings disapeared almost entirely when I didn't even do a full windows install, only a quick repair.

So the question:
    Do any of you know of a good media center solution under windows? I tried MediaPortal, Domotix and others... but all have their problems/glitches/format incompatibilities.

Mediaportal didn"t work because it needs WMP9 and WMP9 doesn't want to install no matter how clean I tried to get rid of traces of WMP10 and 11. Plus I don't know if I want a mediacenter working with WMP (and a old one at that)

I was wondering if some media center use MPC as their player, for compatibility sake, and also because I'm used to it.

thanks

Jounin
    Been using Zoom player and http://www.cole2k.net/

For 2 years or little more, I've had 0 problems, 0 Conflicts, 0 headaches. :P

It's been years and I am bringing this back.

I'm having trouble with my videos. I'm having artifacts with Media Player Classic running lastest CCCP. Artifacts that are absent when playing with VLC.

I hate VLC, I want my Media Player classic to play smoothly again.

Any help or links to free up to date packs ?

If you need help, you have to give precise details.
    First, try to get media info and paste results for files with artifacts.
    Mediainfo should be now embedded in MPC, right click and properties when playing the file.

Second, when playing the file in MPC, right click and tell us which filters are used by MPC.

Third, no codec pack are needed in 99% of cases, and the remaining 1% can be solved by downloading the filters needed, installing them yourself, telling MPC how to use them.

Sounds very much like the issue of a player not handling 10-bit encodes. The easiest way to solve that would indeed be to first get rid of the whole pack, then install just MPC-HC, Haali splitter, and LAV filters, and set the video decoding to the LAV external filter. Output to EVR curstom pres. or something similar. Though I'm not 100% certain the Haali is even needed, might not be since MPC has its own splitter anyway.

I've reinstalled cleanly MPC and CoreAvc but now, for some weird reason, the image is flipped upside down.

EDIT : ( I'm still having issues, not sure why I've used the past tense)
    Nevertheles I was having issues with this file for example
    Running EVR Custom Pres and Haali Splitter when playing suck mkv file

General
    Unique ID : 195790931289790325114287372709143970724 (0x934BF634A9488393A82B6B2C805303A4)
    Complete name : Ω:\[DVD] Gundam Unicorn\[Coalgirls]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Unicorn_04_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[4E39574D].mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 7.18 GiB
    Duration : 59mn 50s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 17.2 Mbps
    Movie name : Gundam Unicorn 04
    Encoded date : UTC 2011-12-21 21:09:20
    Writing application : mkvmerge v4.4.0 ('Die Wiederkehr') built on Oct 31 2010 21:52:48
    Writing library : libebml v1.0.0 + libmatroska v1.0.0
    Attachment : Yes / Yes

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High 10@L5.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 16 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 072 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Title : Gundam Unicorn 04
    Writing library : x264 core 119 r2106+636 fcb18f7
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=16 / deblock=1:-2:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / fade_compensate=0.00 / psy_rd=0.70:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=36 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / fgo=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=16.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=81 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.50

Audio #1
    ID : 2
    Format : FLAC
    Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec
    Codec ID : A_FLAC
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Title : 5.1 FLAC
    Writing library : libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)
    Language : Japanese

Audio #2
    ID : 3
    Format : FLAC
    Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec
    Codec ID : A_FLAC
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Title : 5.1 FLAC
    Writing library : libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)
    Language : English

Text #1
    ID : 4
    Format : ASS
    Codec ID : S_TEXT/ASS
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
    Compression mode : Lossless
    Title : English

Text #2
    ID : 5
    Title : French
    Language : French

Text #3
    ID : 6
    Title : Spanish
    Language : Spanish

Text #4
    ID : 7
    Title : Songs + Signs

Menu
    00:00:00.000 : en:00:00:00.000
    00:03:50.772 : en:00:03:50.772
    00:18:16.595 : en:00:18:16.595
    00:34:00.622 : en:00:34:00.622
    00:43:46.374 : en:00:43:46.374
    00:56:30.429 : en:00:56:30.429

CoreAVC doesn't support all profiles. 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 aren't supported for example. Do the things I sent you in the PM and you shouldn't have any problems playing anything.