Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Fansub of Bleach Do You Prefer?

RE: What Fansub of Bleach Do You Prefer?

stuff that is said at least 10 times in EVERY episode doesnt need to be translated to english......
    to keep things as "shinigami" and "zankpatoh" is perfectly fine with me.....however im not a big fan of TW's overall translation quality of bleach.....it just feels unnatural at times
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Chichiro is almost as good as Lunar who i watched before Chichior got faster than them so i watch Chichiro versions.

Anime Keep is the slowest of all groups so if there are other groups doing animes they are working on then i choose the other groups.

first of all.....big difference between chichiro and lunar......chichiro's encodings are terrible
    second of all.....wrong about akeep being slowest of all groups....TW's is
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Originally posted by: Y The Alien
    I have no problems with Lunar's translations at all. I like the fact that they have personality and style in their work. I'm glad I'm nto as anal as the guy above, who was mad at Lunar for using the literal English translation for a Japanese word. Oh, gee, how distracting - words in my native language instead of romanji! [img][/img]
    I'm not mad just think its going a little too far into the americanized area. What makes anime so great to me that it is totally different and I don't think you need ain't, gonna and stuff like that in the subs. Thats just my opinion..

Lunar.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i wish Aone hadve picked it up, then we wouldnt be having this argument

Originally posted by: basey_69
    [img][/img] i wish Aone hadve picked it up, then we wouldnt be having this argument
    Proabably. If they do pick it up now they probably can catch up with A-keep pretty quickly. I love AONE's encoding. Sound sync is pretty good. Translations are well done. Gotta love it.

What Fansub of Bleach Do You Prefer?

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
    HURR
    HURRR

I guess you get pissed off when people say "Leaf village" instead of Konohakagure.

Oh, and that every one of Naruto's sentences in the subtitles doesn't say "dattebayo" in English letters at the end.

indeed.....

some people take things a bit too far
    the naruto storyline wouldnt be any different for me if its always called "leaf village" as opposed to always being called "konoha village"
    as long as the overall sense of the story remains intact, then who cares?

The important thing isnt "how direct with translations can you get"
    its "how well can you translate the context of whats being presented"

soul reaver may not be as literal as death god, but soul reaver fits the context for us just as well as death god would fit the context to people in japan
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

it really don't matter with those small things...what matters is grammar you can understand and a group who doesn't take a long time for releases
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    first of all.....big difference between chichiro and lunar......chichiro's encodings are terrible
    second of all.....wrong about akeep being slowest of all groups....TW's is
    Well i can only see little diffrence beteween Chichiro and Lunar cause Lunar isnt so good from the start.....

I havent watch an anime subbed TW yet so i wouldnt know.

Originally posted by: Roko
    it really don't matter with those small things...what matters is grammar you can understand and a group who doesn't take a long time for releases
    Exactly i dont care anything else than that. I like speedsubbers if they dont suck too much.

I started getting it from anbu.. But ever since ANBU stopped Naruto, they seem to have .. Died? So i switched to Anime Keep. but they dont produce fast enough, so i switched to Lunar, because it was the first other group i saw.. but i prefer Anime Keep..

Bleach 16-17 released.

Who ever has it. Its free so i can not complain about quality nore Subs. Since i do not live in Japan or speak it. My policy, "Never complain about free things, Thats my way of the ninja" I should stop watching Naruto Bleach is now better.

I usually wait for Akeep as their's is better in my opinion. But I got so impatient waiting for them I've started to buy the manga instead. Got volumes 1 and 2 today, and I'm have difficulty reading it, probably because I'm too used to the anime and find the manga a little well, bland. : )
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

i just wait for TW or anime-keep, I've read the manga anyway so I can wait [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Keep sucks and everything they've done has recently, they're really slow on everything and still manage to do a job no better than a group that takes a few days to make a release.

Chihiro is a speedsub but fine considering its out in a matter of hours.

You can tell which one I prefer. Though they did make one or two translational errors I'm not particularly pleased with, and in many ways is a bit of a spoiler, Lunar gets the job done fast and with a good amount of quality.

At least Lunar doesn't screw up the whole plot of a series with a translation. I'm refering of course to Keep's Grenadier and "Enlightened" for 'senshi'. The ones in Bleach aren't as glaringly bad, but still not particularly close to the actual meaning.

i hope shinsen_sub could sub it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    anyhow Lunar are the best among the rest! i dun really care how good or how bad about the translation!as long as i can understand the whole story , wat more u expect from a fansubbing site??
    Give them a break man! you not doing the Job they did! just apreciate it please!atleast i really apreciate and respect these guys!
    [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Lunar. It's pretty fast (slightly after chihiro) though i nv really keep track (i might be wrong). but used to his terms and all already. so it's nicer to watch.

Lunar is the best