Thread: All new GW Survivor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

All new GW Survivor

That’s right guys it’s all new and very big this time. If you don’t know what it is, or want to know what this is all about read on

This time is going to be different and longer then the one it’s based off of. Starting with 20 members there will be 5 rounds of play 4 weeks long. The first of which will be posted May 8th. There is a prize, and a very good one at that. So let’s get some ground rules down first before we start posting our comments

Who are the players?

Picked from the current active members of the forums at the moment. These are the 5 groups or “teams”

Team #1
    Kraco
    PSJ
    UltxDarkRedX1
    Jadugar

Team #2 (Team (THE) DROPOUT CREW)
    Deblas*
    dragonrage*
    IFingHateTonTon*
    RyougaZell*

Team #3
    Carnage (God#2)
    Chaoskiddo
    xDarkMaster
    Knives122

(*=Confirmed)

Of course I can’t have everyone involved, this list will be updated as changes may happen

How is it being done?

Basically the idea is very much like the Survivor TV series, we start with 20 members and after 5 voting rounds we will have only one. Each voting round there will be either members or teams of members.

Each round will have it’s own way of voting, because different events will ask for different voting processes.

The first and second rounds will be Team based so that means members will be expected to work as one to finish the goal. The forums will vote on what team’s submissions they liked the most, that Team will be granted immunity

The rest of the teams’ members will then vote off one of their own members from their team. They will then send their votes to the Mod in charge of their team who will then relay the result to myself to be posted. A member must write at least one reason why they voted off that person. As delays in getting all the votes in from all the team members could take forever, I’m purposing right now that the due date for them votes is a week and after one week we don't get a reply it's automatically a vote against them

The third round and the fourth will be announced later, however the fifth and last round, which will have only 4 members, will be a general vote by everyone. At the end of the first round there will be 16 members left, followed by 12 after the second, then 8 after the third, and 4 at the end of the fourth round.

The Cycle will be:

(Remember this week is just to get everything straighten out, and thus doesn’t count)

First week: The event announced with the submissions relayed to the proper staff
    Second week: The start of voting
    Third week: Other voting (in the case of the first two rounds)
    Fourth Week: Tallying and recording will be done (This will be placed in this sticky)

However it can change by event

Where is it going to be done?

Here on the general discussion board in two threads. The first, which this one is, it’s for posting up that current status of it and to display the rules. The second is the voting thread there will be a new one each round so 4 in total. Once another is made other one is locked and unstickied.

Why are we doing it?

You need a reason to have some fun?. Well then…

Who is in charge?

For the course of the game I will be the arbiter, with the rest of the staff acting as just that staff. Rulings made by us are final, discussion will not be made.

What is in it for me?

For this game there will be a prize that should not be a shock to you. The prize has been made up and let me tell you it “kicks ass”. However we will not be telling you what it is. Feel free to guess at it, but I’ll give you a hint that it’s not what most of you would think it is.

My name isn’t on the list there must be a mistake.

There is no mistake, the list is what it is, if your name isn’t on it, hope to be a replacement.

My name is on the list but I don’t want to play

If you don’t want to play for any reason that’s up to you. Just let me know by a PM to replace you with a replacement.

All right with all of that out of the way start your discussion, praise, comments, discussion, or insults. Also I would like all those that will be playing to at least post once on this thread to verify your position

Current vote offs

LaZyKiD*
    XanBcoo*
    Psyke*
    darkshadow*
    BOARD_of_command*
    FrogKing*
    Lucifus*
    Phoenix20578*

Events

GWS: Event #1
    GWS: Event #2
    GWS: Event #3
    Last edited by Deadfire; Tue, 06-20-2006 at 08:33 AM.
    image fail!