Thread: GotWoot Manga Reviews

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GotWoot Manga Reviews

Thought I'd give this a try, much like the "30 Second Anime Review" in General Anime. Hopefully people will do some reviews on what they are reading and maybe spark some interest on the manga.

Here are some rules:
    • Please review something that has not been reviewed before in the thread. In the case that you find a review lacking, do a full review again yourself, rather than simply posting one sentence explaining what the previous poster ommited.
    • Would preffer if the review is for a manga that is mostly unknown to us, but if you want to review something like Bleach manga, then I guess that's fine, but would preffer something obscure to us.
    • Make the review at least one paragraph, 4 or 5 sentences. A one sentence review doesn't really tell much, and it detracts from the purpose of this thread.
    • I think this goes without saying, but don't spoil the manga in your review. This is a very gray area, so use your best judgement, and try not to reveal any major surprises.

Here are some suggestions:

These are not a requirement, but I think it will make the review better in terms of sparking interest.
    • I think it would also be helpful in your review if at the end you can post a link to another site that contains more info on the reviewed manga, for example if you're doing a Gantz review, maybe link it to the mangaupdates.com page that contains Gantz information.
    • Also if you can provide a link to where you can download the manga, I think it will be helpful.
    • I think that maybe providing a link to a sample picture of the manga might be helpful so that people can see the art.

Well hopefully this will improve manga discussion, and bring more readers to this forum section.

I will be doing a review of Dangu shortly so that you can use it as an example/template, but I'm tired of typing at the moment, so I'll edit this post later.

Dangu
    Shaman Warrior Dark Horse Title

Dangu is a Korean manhwa set in a world inhabited by musas (warriors), baekjung (peasants), and the manshin-musas (shaman-warriors). The story takes place in the country of Kugai, and begins with Yarang, a manshin-musa responsible for the current greatness of Kugai. Ten years into the story, Kugai is currently persecuting manshin-musas out of fear, using the manshin-musa Yarang as an excuse for going berserk and slaughtering people 10 years earlier. The story will follow Batu, as he raises Yarang's daughter Yaki as a warrior to fend against her persecutors. At the moment the story is taking us through Yaki's adolescence, showing how she is progressing in her inhuman training preparing her for a ruthless world. I believe that that manga is going to show us Yaki's life from childhood all the way to adult hood. The manga has pretty good art, the story has been pretty good thus far, and there's none stop action.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1276

The manhwa is being released by Nexgear, and you can find it here up to volume 4:
    http://crackrabbitstudios.com/Dangu/Releases

Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 11-11-2006 at 11:44 AM.