Thread: Enhance Pointer Precision

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Enhance Pointer Precision

In XP, under Control Panel-> Mouse -> Pointer Options theres an option to enable/disable Enhance Pointer Precision.

I never really paid attention to that setting, only mouse movement speed. I had my p/s2 ball mouse acting funny last week and decided to get a new optic mouse. Ended up with a Logitech LX3 Plus laser.

After swapping it over, the movement of the mouse felt strange, too sensitive I think was the best way to describe it. Tended to overdo my movements. I then mucked around with the sensitivity in the control panel and in games and such. After about a night of tweaking and getting used to it, it's finally feeling slightly familiar. However, then I cam across the option: Enhance Pointer Precision.

Googled a bit and found it was the same as mouse acceleration. Question: the option was on when I had the old p/s2. Now with the new mouse, is there any reason to turn it off? Mixed results from my search regarding gaming and such. What do you guys think? Any input appreciated.

edit: also another thing that I'm confused about atm. Enhance Pointer Precision=mouse acceleration=mouse smoothing?
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 12-10-2007 at 11:47 PM.