On a starry night, middle-schooler Manta meets Yoh Asakura, a young shaman who has the ability to talk to spirits, and also has the ability to let them possess him to use their powers. Yoh has a heavy duty on his shoulders: he must become the Shaman King by winning the Shaman Fight, a tournament between shamans that happens only once every 500 years. Joined by his spirit medium fiancée Anna Kyōyama, his personal samurai spirit Amidamaru, and his other friends, Yoh must also face a larger evil: Hao, a powerful man who aims to create a new world with only shamans by becoming the Shaman King himself.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=23413

From what I understand, the Shaman King (2021) remake should be more faithful to the manga which at some point diverted from the source. I know plenty of the original VAs are returning, haven't confirmed again which again, but I think a lot of the sprit ones returned. Hopefully Anna's did as well.

I see it's slated for 52 episodes, not sure how long the manga was, but maybe they'll rush through some events, particularly in the early going?

In any case, will be watching just because of nostalgia at the very least.

I think this series will be fansubbed, I'm waiting a bit to see who'll be doing a decent job of it to get that release.