cestvs-visual-725x1024.jpg

54 AD. Cestus, a young boy orphaned by the Roman empire and made a slave, is placed into a training school for pugilists. It is here that he begins his journey to defy fate and fight for his own freedom.
Episode 1:

Yeah, the animation is bad. Not Berserk-bad, but only little better. Is it made by the same studio? Wouldn't surprise me.

Despite that, I like the setting. Latin was my favorite subject back in school, so seeing a Roman setting is very nice. Although I must admit: I've never heard much about boxing during these times. Looked it up on wikipedia and apparently it's not called boxing but "fist fighting" to diifferentiate it from the former, which makes sense, considerung Ruska was allowed to use an entirely different fighting style. The only rule here seems to be "use your fists".

What's a bit dumb is how the makers are obviously trying to sanitize this whole thing, but reach certain points where they simply can't. The very idea of Cestus being such a timid, polite nice boy makes no sense, considering he's gone through weeks/months of training already.

But anyway, I'll keep watching. Curious to find out where this goes.