270958.jpg

"High school student Katagiri Yuuichi, who values friendship above all else, enjoys a fulfilling life with his close friends Sawaragi Shiho, Mikasa Tenji, Shibe Makoto, and Kokorogi Yutori.

However, after a particular incident, they're dragged into a debt repayment game.

The only way to beat the "Tomodachi Game" is to not doubt their friends. Bound together by solid friendships, the game should've been easy, but...

Source: Crunchyroll"

Genre(s): Thriller, Psychological, Gambling

I remember liking what I've read of this, but I can't say this adaptation is nearly as thrilling. The first two episodes do an admirable job introducing the characters, but their relationships and thoughts you will have to get used to taking at face value, as the commentary is all too glad to explain what is going on at all times. Common enough in anime, but when there is no satisfying "aha" moment to tie it all together, the flow of events becomes muddled and the clever tricks lose some of their impact. Animation is sparse, looking like late-night anime of years past. Give it a try if you're starving for some wordy pop-psyche gambling.