Seventeen years ago, Takafumi's uncle fell into a coma, but now he's back like a man risen from his grave. Soon, Takafumi discovers two bizarre things: His uncle treasures video games above all else, and, while comatose, he was actually transported to another world as some heroic guardian! Now, not only does Takafumi have to room with an uncle who is literally magical, he also has to catch the guy up on two decades of history—smartphones, high-speed internet, modern anime tropes...and the traumatic outcome of the '90s console war!

-------------------------------
-------------------------------

Episode 1:

That was just super enjoyable from start to finish

First of all, I like that this isn't just gags only like so many comedy anime do it, there's serious parts, too, and scenes develop quite naturally.

Secondly, I love how how his coma time comes into play with the present time. "He went to coma before the concept of Tsundere became widely popular", omg, I burst out in laughter And then his SEGA-fanboy-ing, hahaha. While I have always been a Nintendo-fan, it's still fun seeing this hardcore-SEGA fan reminiscing old SEGA-stuff ^^

And then I'm glad that they'Re actually showing scenes from the isekai, too.

The one thing I'm not sure about is whether the whole series takes place inside the appartment (which lots of gag series do) or whether they leave the house often, too, and exerpience stuff outside. I'd hope so.

The ong thing I found kinda silly was how overplayed his supposed ugliness was. He didn't come off as specially ugly from what we could see. Not sure why the isekai people reacted so negatively to him. And holy shit, lol, that girl offering up to be raped by him as a reward, rofl. And he got no idea what it meant.

If this anime can keep it up, it's gonna be fantastic. Also I hope the elf girl somehow can follow him to the real word, I wanna see a happy end here.