274369.jpg

"* Based on a love comedy light novel series written by Kamishiro Kyousuke and illustrated by Takayaki.

Mizuto and Yume are a former couple who enjoyed a relationship in junior high school, but became more and more irritated at each other, and used their graduation as an opportunity to break up. But on the day before entering high school, the two reunite in the most unlikely way: with their parents announcing a marriage, with Mizuto and Yume now becoming step-siblings. Wanting to prioritize their parents' relationship, the two promise to not fool around with each other, establishing a rule where "the first one to get aroused" loses.

Source: ANN"

Genre(s): Romance, Comedy

1-2

I like what I'm seeing, but I'm not sure how much of that is because of the quality of the scenario and chemistry, and how much is because this serves as a palate cleanse from the torrent of isekai.

As for information that might be useful to you, this show is a rekindling style romance where the two mains now hate each other, yet are obviously in hate with each other. Having a pre-exisitng relationship saves us a lot of time and tropes. It plays the exposition close, not even explaining the backdrop until the end of ep 2. It is simple to pick up on from the context clues, and one might even enjoy it more that way. The one-upmanship and competition to establish dominance predictably backfiring into much doki doki is as fun as these things ever are. So far, the material isn't threaded by any overarching plot, so expect simple episodic hijinks bringing these two together with some side characters mixed in (decent side characters, I might add). Could be worth a watch to balance out your viewing schedule this season, but nothing to rock your world.

Maybe this could partially fill that Kaguya-sama shaped hole in your heart? Just kidding, this isn't one quarter as well produced, but your mileage may vary.