Thread: Featured VA of the month!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ya thats what wilik said to me too, but what im trying to say is, all your hardwork disappears soon as other announcements are put up. Even now, its 4th down on the list, and off screen when you initially enter the site. Not to mention, theres nothing to actually attract members/visitors to it either. The title "where have i heard that voice before" is hardly very catchy. At the very least there should be a seperate button at the top, or in the side bar. Some thing to let ppl know about it.

@Kraco:

I didn't mean solely in the forums. What i meant to say was, post it here in addition to putting it up on the front page. That way, those who are already members or are browsing the forums can also see it.

Edit:

I just realized its available under the "anime" category on the side bar of the main page. However, i clicked it simply out of curiosity. There still needs to be something that lets users and visitors know about the VA article.
    Last edited by Assassin; Wed, 03-15-2006 at 01:52 PM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    need some help with this month's featured VA. I'm doing Romi Paku and I sorta wanted to include something on her role in Samurai7 (Katsushiro Okamato).

If anyone who has seen that show (or Law of Ueki or Air Master) would be so kind to drop me some lines about her performance in those shows I'd be very grateful.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

shameless double post bump to announce the latest edition of GotVA?

Romi Paku on GotVA?

couldn't think up a clever joke/photoshop sketch for this one, but figure its been too long on the frontpage without an article not related to site maintenence/improvements.

edit: and i just noticed a typo but god damn am i tired...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Not sure if you intended for this setup, but your pictures of the anime characters that Romi Paku voices cuts into the navigation bar on the right and off of the "main" text area. If you made a line break after the third one or resized the pics the look wouldn't be as jarring.

This was an "okay" read, unfortunately though I've also seen FMA, Naruto, and Bleach like you so the only new information was most of the stuff at the bottom. A bit of a gripe here (or constructive criticism, depending on how you look at it) - although I myself think it's a bit unreasonable because of the effort you're putting into doing these articles in the first place - but I don't see the purpose of an article on VAs if the material covered is already known to most of the non-casual anime watchers. FMA, Naruto, and Bleach are three of the most popular shounen animes and anybody who has gone through a VA thread knows that Ed, Temari, and Hitsugaya are voiced by the same person. I think a focus on the lesser-known roles or side facts would boost your article considerably.

i do appreciate the feedback augury. i sorta had a feeling this edition wasn't that hot...

and not knowing Japanese really sets me back a good bit too... I've asked for help before, but nobody seems to want to... I'd much rather do anime reviews, but figure the VAs don't get alot of coverage while anime blogs are everywhere.

and, once again, if you anyone thinks they could be a help, it'd be great to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    and not knowing Japanese really sets me back a good bit too... I've asked for help before, but nobody seems to want to...

and, once again, if you anyone thinks they could be a help, it'd be great to contact me!
    i sent you a pm like 2 days ago.

Ovan, The Rebirth

I went for a different approach for this month's Featured VA...

This time it's Akira Ishida (Athrun Zala, Gaara, among 100s of others)

Also has two sound clips of voices from him. Go read it now!

thanks to AthrunOwnzAll and sheva (Ikari on IRC) for their input.