Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Wait, Orsted is supposed to be a "god" on the level of the Man-God? Oh wow, I must have missed that. I thought Orsted was "only" one of the strongest beings in that world, but still much below an actual god like the Man-God. If they're actually on the same level, that changes everything. That makes Man-God much less special.
    Like I said, I have no idea if that's the case, but for the time being, I'm inclined to think it is. At the end of the day, the only thing the Man-god has been doing is give Rudeus a little bit of information here and there, and maybe summon Rudeus there in the beginning. However, he wasn't able to sense Orsted and thus couldn't forewarn Rudeus. I kind of doubt Rudeus almost dying and getting saved by his "killer", almost on a whim, was the Man-god's plan. So, if the Man-god can't see Orsted, it would mean there's no fundamental difference between those two, in my opinion. Orsted being able to know Rudeus shouldn't be in that world is the same kind of ability as the Man-god's ability to give Rudeus advice considering people and locations.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Following my idea Man-God wants to steal Rudeus' body, I can also theorize Orsted was once in a similar position.
    Man-God was in his dreams and he tried something dubious on Orsted.
    That would explain both why no one knows about Man-God and why Orsted acted so hard just hearing the name

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Following my idea Man-God wants to steal Rudeus' body, I can also theorize Orsted was once in a similar position.
    Man-God was in his dreams and he tried something dubious on Orsted.
    That would explain both why no one knows about Man-God and why Orsted acted so hard just hearing the name
    But Orsted is willing to slay anyone associated with the Man-god in any way, not just those serving the Man-god. That would contradict with your theory. It would mean Orsted would have liked to kill the past Orsted, that is, himself, as he would have been associated with the Man-god. Your theory should, instead, make Orsted sympathetic with those who are being manipulated by the Man-god, but he definitely is not. He spared Rudeus because Nanahoshi convinced him allowing Rudeus to live might allow him to track down the Man-god or learn more about his plans, if memory serves.

I reckon they are simply enemies. Maybe they fought face to face in the past, when the Man-god still had a corporeal body (assuming he once had), or maybe Orsted managed to learn about the Man-god's nefarious plot in the past and is still fighting against it. Or maybe the various "gods" in that world simply don't like the Man-god and want to get rid of him, including removing all knowledge of him. Who knows.

Am I crazy or wasn't there mention of early on in the anime about some super powerful guy named "Laplace"? Maybe that's who Man-God was, if he stems from that world and isn't a real god.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Am I crazy or wasn't there mention of early on in the anime about some super powerful guy named "Laplace"? Maybe that's who Man-God was, if he stems from that world and isn't a real god.
    Wasn't it Laplace that started the big war and tricked Ruijerd's race, the Superd (I think that was the name), into getting cursed and become senseless murderers? Everybody knows the name Laplace, so it seems unlikely Laplace and the Man-god would be the same person, as Orsted ought to know if that was the case.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Laplace tricked the Superds.
    Laplace is the Demon-God (as mentioned by the Flying Castle guy), and the Demon God is sealed away.
    Laplace has an absurd amount of mana, as per Orsted (when he blocked Rudy's purple fireball).

We don't actually know what Man-God looks like. He just appears in a dream every now and again, and said that reincarnation/summoning/teleportation was more the Dragon God's thing when Rudy asked if his reincarnation was the deed of Man-God's.

I mean, for all we know, Man-God could actually be Laplace trying to unseal himself somehow. It's a slightly strange idea since most people who are aware of the Man-God seem to know both names - but that doesn't mean they actually know about the true nature of Man-God. They just all seem to know he exists and aren't too happy about him. Badigadi said he doesn't know much, but he looked like he's holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Badigadi also knows of the Man-God. He seemed to react more to the fact that Rudy had met Orsted though.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 09-05-2023 at 09:03 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I just threw out the name Laplace because it'd be a name once mentioned, rather than Man-God being some random new character.

I'm really curious, though, if we ever find out about the wider makeup of the universe that holds both our reality and the isekai.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    But Orsted is willing to slay anyone associated with the Man-god in any way, not just those serving the Man-god. That would contradict with your theory. It would mean Orsted would have liked to kill the past Orsted, that is, himself, as he would have been associated with the Man-god. Your theory should, instead, make Orsted sympathetic with those who are being manipulated by the Man-god, but he definitely is not. He spared Rudeus because Nanahoshi convinced him allowing Rudeus to live might allow him to track down the Man-god or learn more about his plans, if memory serves.

I reckon they are simply enemies. Maybe they fought face to face in the past, when the Man-god still had a corporeal body (assuming he once had), or maybe Orsted managed to learn about the Man-god's nefarious plot in the past and is still fighting against it. Or maybe the various "gods" in that world simply don't like the Man-god and want to get rid of him, including removing all knowledge of him. Who knows.
    My guess is that Orsted has a trauma about Man-God and just hearing the name had him snap just in case Rudy brings back something he has trauma with. Again, we don't know much, so the only way to know would be to read the novels.
    And the anime might take another decade to get to the end of the novels, of ever funded. I stopped the manga around Ranoa, so it seems it does not go fast either by what you wrote earlier.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Episode 10

-- - -- -

As slow and stretched as this arc is, the only thing I could say about this episode is: It was about the time he noticed.

Too bad Sylphie chose to run away.

I was enjoying watching Rudy being confused at being attracted to a guy. If this was going to be slow I'd rather watch that a little more. If we're going to make progress though, I hope it actually does move forward.

Badigadi's role to me is still elusive. He's just chilling there, and Rudy's been at the place for a whole year now.

And I can only presume that Elinalise is banging Cliff heaps.

Rudy, just trying to crank it at the end there. Real lol.

Future weebs asking what Season 2 of Mushoku Tensei was about, seasoned weebs answering: "It was about the hero fixing his erectyle dysfunction." - "Lol, no seriously, tell us." - "..."

If it is known that the source work needs editing, do it. A purely faithful adaptation is not always a good thing. This feels like padding in every imaginable way.

Future weebs asking what Season 2 of Mushoku Tensei was about, seasoned weebs answering: "It was about the hero fixing his erectyle dysfunction." - "Lol, no seriously, tell us." - "..."
    More like, "Watch episode 1 & 2, then skim eps 5, watch eps 9, skim 10, and finally watch 11 & 12"

Episode 11:

Imagine what this season could have been, had Fitz told Rudy who she really is at the start of the arc. My god.

This is pacing hell.

And Sylphie's body still makes me sad, no curves at all - perfect for pedo-Rudy :/

Even the princess wasn't ready for Sylphie to turn her filter off and talk dirty with Rudy xD.

It's strange to think this whole season was spent on a school arc, which didn't even have any major developments. This is a really faithful adaptation. Of course the manga already made me think it might happen, but I suppose it might also have not happened if the director had so decided. The first season didn't stretch anything, in fact it was the opposite, so it would have been possible to hurry up this stuff as well. I'm actually not that upset because generally speaking I've enjoyed the season, especially after the depression arc ended.

There were a couple of good jokes in the episode, mainly Sylphie starting to explain aloud her sexual fantasy to Ariel and Luke, and Rudeus offering to handle Ariel's mission prompty through a backdoor deal with adventurers. I feel like both illustrated how Sylphie is still naive and innocent.

What frustrates me more than anything is how stupidly passive Slyphie is. Obnoxiously so. I assume it's some type of fetish to like women who act that way, directly opposed to Eris and somehow even worse than Roxy even though she gets shamed for her inaction multiple times.

But the worst sin this entire arc commits is that Rudy has been wearing the amulet Sylphie carved for him still, and even seeing it, she makes no comment about it and still lacks the courage to do anything as part of their relationship.

I cannot stand ultra-passive characters like her. It isn't endearing, it is demeaning.

His realization and reunion is supposed to be a tender moment, and because of how she has been, it isn't at all. They botched the tone with the godawful pacing. There wasn't any catharsis, just annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    There were a couple of good jokes in the episode, mainly Sylphie starting to explain aloud her sexual fantasy to Ariel and Luke, and Rudeus offering to handle Ariel's mission prompty through a backdoor deal with adventurers. I feel like both illustrated how Sylphie is still naive and innocent.
    This was the only good thing about this entire episode.

Sylphie being a perv was a pretty good gag.

Episode 12:

Nice and all. But now I'm scared for Sylphie's life. A Mc marrying a secondary love interest this early in the overall plot? Reddest flag I've ever witnessed :/

Nice and all. But now I'm scared for Sylphie's life. A Mc marrying a secondary love interest this early in the overall plot? Reddest flag I've ever witnessed :/
    Nah. Slyphie isn't a pushover, since she's a silent caster and has been an exiled princess' bodyguard for quite a few years at this point. They've been downplaying it, but the subtext acrosss the school year was that Fitz was one of the better fighters in the school, Rudy is simply that much better due to all the direct experience he's had.

All of Rudeus' potential waifus are no slouches.

She's been using the same original training wand Rudy gave her, but once she was holding his own staff, she had no issue casting strong water magic without him noticing, and very obviously casts silent healing magic, which I believe is a first of what we've seen.

It's just that Eris is way, way better, from all kinds of ways. Roxy is a very seasoned adventurer.

Slyphie might be the weakest of his waifus at this point, but that's literally only from her comparative lesser battle experience.