Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1449

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

I figure the matte spray does a pretty good job, as you can see it definitely removes the entire plasticky feel. However, it can't be compared to air brushing, which gives you more options and also texture. For the matte spray, you still have to draw the panel lines yourself but it's a good and cheap alternative to airbrushing. Much simpler, easier, faster, and affordable.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Yeah.. I don't think I'll have time to airbrush some of the kits I've got, and have been wondering if I should just leave them unbuilt for now or matte-spray them.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Matte spray them! Took me less than 30 minutes Just remember to get the panel markers and make sure you hold the pieces up properly to prevent leaving finger prints.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Haha, I'll do my least desirable kit and see the results then.

They're the mini-deformed series anyway, so it shouldn't take long either way. Did you spray each part, each section, or the entire thing?

I configured the pieces where they will get maximum surface coverage, unlike with airbrushing where you need to separate pieces by colour.

Come to think of it, I think I'll have to airbrush them after all. The chibi-kits are much less detailed than your PG one, and a piece that's supposed to be made of multiple colours can/would be moulded in one only - so I'll have to break out the brush for that.

Then there's also the issue of having to spray the kit in a gloss coat first before I can panel line it, and only afterwards apply the matte spray. The panel line ink doesn't go well when the surface is porous/bumpy like with the matte finish.

50th Shizouka Hobby Show 2011

That MG Epyon still looks so bitchin'. And I hope that MG Delta Plus won't be a flimsy kit.
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Fri, 05-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Like Zeta was? Yeah, amen to that. I still plan on getting it anyways. Epyon, never been a fan of, but I hope they release Tallgeese III some day.

The MG ReZel was a good transforming kit. If they base it on that it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji View Post
    The MG ReZel was a good transforming kit. If they base it on that it'll be fine.
    ...and now you've just reminded me of another kit that I still haven't picked up lol. I'll probably pick it up along with Delta Plus.

Anyone else hyper over HGFC Master Gundam + Fuunseki?

It's really nice of Bandai to include him, Mini-Asia and the effect parts in one package at such price.
    Quote Originally Posted by vejita613 View Post
    Epyon, never been a fan of, but I hope they release Tallgeese III some day.
    This could be a hint.

Hey all been a while! im honestly hoping they do a mastergrade wing zero tv eddition that would be pretty badass honestly. granted its been a long while.. i can safely say since my last post here.. iv acumulated over 460 model kits of all series. iv taken a break for over a year. tho the release of the kits from wing has resparked my intrest.

The next Real Grade (after the Zaku II F):

Hmm... kinda want.

Hmm.. reminds me that I still need to get a PG Wing Zero Custom before I die.

Building PG strike freedom now because of that video. How are the real grades anyways?

I have the RG RX-78-2 and it's great! Amazing articulation and they look really nice.

wow. and theyre only like $20 right? To be honest, between the quality and cost of the RG and the fact that they are supposedly going to start cutting down on MGs...I may actually have to switch over. I never thought I would actually start building 1/144th scale gunpla.

Goddamn, whose bright idea was it to make ALL the decals on the MG Sinanju the dry-rub kind?

KIMOCHI~II

Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel View Post
    Goddamn, whose bright idea was it to make ALL the decals on the MG Sinanju the dry-rub kind?
    Oh, you got one of those? I just happene to want one right now actually. How do you find it?