Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

---

Pointless padding.

Manga Update:

In the Manga, Fusion Zamasu doesn't do the weird slime thing when he takes damage. He's fully immortal just like Zamasu was before. Which is how it should have been.

They've also introduced a new twist where Zamasu's fusion will only last an hour, because the earring fusion is only permanent for Supreme Kais, and Zamasu never officially became a Supreme Kai. So because he's just completely immortal, they're basically just trying to draw out the fight until he unfuses.

Supreme Kai also makes a comment about Vegetto Blue's power being greater than Beerus'.

It's so weird when the manga actually makes an effort to apply logic to this series. Zamasuīs fusion being temporary and Goku and co. fighting to draw out the battle until he un-fuses? Sound like a real strategy instead of relying on deux-ex-machina moments.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Episode 88 is out!

Ha, called it. Her name is like a Cauliflower.....Caulifla. At least she looks more badass than the shy girl we saw in the previews at first.

That girl is a saiyajin, right?

Anyway, power levels are so screwed in Super. Iīd really like to know what kind of training Piccolo did on earth where his power level went from "weaker than base Cell" to "strangling awakened Gohan unconscious". Remember how there used to be special training methods to reach a higher level? :/

And lol, since when do you transform from super saiyajin to awakened form, Gohan? Gohan never "transformed" into his awakened form, he simply reached it by training with the Z-sword.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    And lol, since when do you transform from super saiyajin to awakened form, Gohan? Gohan never "transformed" into his awakened form, he simply reached it by training with the Z-sword.
    That's what I thought. Mystic Gohan isn't a transformation. I do miss cocky-as-fuck personalities though. We rarely ever get to see Vegito and Vegeta keeps getting outdone by Goku. Gohan was so bad-ass there when he fought Buu.

Ah well. Just get onto the tournament already. But wait, there's more. Next week let's see what Tien's been up to for the past few years that will suddenly make him valuable again.

The best bit was Vegeta being a pro dad.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Well...judging from the preview...maybe that is where Roshi would get his power up from.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Anyway, power levels are so screwed in Super. Iīd really like to know what kind of training Piccolo did on earth where his power level went from "weaker than base Cell" to "strangling awakened Gohan unconscious". Remember how there used to be special training methods to reach a higher level?
    I actually don't have a huge problem with it. It was kinda dumb that the only way you used to be able to get stronger was by obtaining a new "level". If you train all the time, develop new techniques and abilities and fighting strategies, then your power should continue to increase.

And Piccolo is one of the only characters that has never stopped training during all these time skips. He lives only to get stronger. Goku and Vegeta do as well, but they're constantly being distracted by their families.

Also, Piccolo was stronger than base Cell after fusing with Kami, not weaker.

Indeed. The whole point of Mystic Gohan was that he was able to use all of his power without any need to transform.

I guess he just lost that state from lack of training. And here, he regained that state, and just turned off Super Saiyan, even though it was presented as another transformation.

It doesnt make sense though to say "if somebody keeps training, heīll get stronger". Then weīd have thousands of super strong humans, because they are lots of people on earth that train their entire life, yet wouldnīt ever reach a 1000th of Kuririnīs power level. Thereīs clearly some barrier that normal training cannot pass. So I question what Piccolo could have done to break such limits.

Regarding Piccolo and Cell, it depends. Is base Cell stronger or weaker than C17 at that time? Because Kami-Piccolo got beaten by C17. I assume even base Cell was stronger than C17.

Thereīs clearly some barrier that normal training cannot pass
    Yeah, it's called talent. It's what separates the Raditzes from the Gokus. And the Mr. Satans from the Krillins.

Because Kami-Piccolo got beaten by C17. I assume even base Cell was stronger than C17.
    I think you have your events out of order(or I do, I dunno). Pretty sure Piccolo was beat by 17, then fused with Kami, then fought base Cell who ran off, then had a rematch with 17 that was interrupted when Cell showed up.

Hm, I have to admit I donīt remember that part that clearly. Wasnīt it so that Kami-Piccolo fought C17, got cocky and in the end would have lost? Or was it just that he intentionally let C17 suck dry one of his arms to deceive C17? Hm. I really could re-read the Cell-arc, has been a long time since I took a DB issue from my book shelve ;D

As for power levels, well, Kuririn is the only one to get anywhere as strong as he did. Maybe Tenshinhan could be counted, too. But imo you cannot explain that power level by continuous training, when only 2 out of billions of people have this kind of "talent".

Thereīs clearly some barrier that normal training cannot pass. So I question what Piccolo could have done to break such limits.
    100 pushups
    100 sit-ups
    100 squats
    10 km

every single day.... he was bald to begin with, thats why you couldnt see him getting balder...

btw episode 89 is out
    -----------------------

I love how DBS gives no shit about the current hyper-feministic climate in the west. Mutenroshi was *that* close to full-on raping Yurin, lol. And double lol for Tenshinhan and Goku being all "oh, sorry, didnīt wanna disturb you two, bye" Looking forward to the h-doujins resulting from this episode.

As for the episode ... well, Iīm a broken record at this point, but: Power levels are sooo screwed up. Not only was it stupid to choose Tenshinhan from the beginning, but now Mutenroshi is stronger than him?! He freaking wanted to quit after the tournament where Tenshinhan was the big bad. And speaking of which, so random enemy appears, and Tenshinhan instantly uses his last resort-move, the 4 arms-technique?! siiiiiiiigh

And then Goku fires a kamehameha into the midst of town, lolololol *becausewhynot*

I truly hope that some point we get to see a couple episodes that show us flashbacks to all these characters training. I donīt care i I have to wait for the Chikrara no Taikai to proceed, give me those training-flashbacks!

I've never even seen the 4-arm thing before. Was that a vanilla Dragon Ball thing?

It can't be that last resort. He didn't use it in all of Z. Even when he almost/did die all those times.

It was his final trump card Goku in the 2nd tournament during dragon ball.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    It was a dragon ball thing, but not his trump card, his trunp card was blowing up the arena and float around so that goku inevitably gets disqualified.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Jounin
    Plot twist coming up in the next 2-3 episodes. I can't wait till it's not a spoiler. It's a plot twist that makes me happy.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    HS - Episode 90

-----------------------------------------

Awakened Gohan is somewhat evenly matched against SSJ2 Goku now? That's a pretty big downgrade when Awakened (Mystic) Gohan was actually stronger than SSJ3 Goku right?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Universe 10 is so fucked...

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Awakened Gohan is somewhat evenly matched against SSJ2 Goku now? That's a pretty big downgrade when Awakened (Mystic) Gohan was actually stronger than SSJ3 Goku right?
    Gohan was stronger, that said gokus base has been clearly up since the buu saga so ssj2 on par with fresh mystic actually makes sense.... for a change.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie