Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: The Internet

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Looking at everybody's scores, the resultant scoring system doesn't make too much sense. David got higher than average in everything while sapphi's BS attempt was lower in everything. I thought this was about rating your various attributes as proportions of the whole writing. I thought this was a pie-graph result since mine had ups and downs, but it seems to be closer to a pentagonal-polygram like the ones you uuse for character stats. The more words you write the higher you score.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    How come hot women with unattractive men are more or less commonly seen, but I've never seen a hot man with an unattractive woman in my entire life?
    A college friend of mine is a pretty good looking guy. His wife... probably one of the least attractive girls I've seen.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    A college friend of mine is a pretty good looking guy. His wife... probably one of the least attractive girls I've seen.
    Had a couple like that in high school. I'd joke that the guy owed a debt to the girl's father, so he was forced to date the daughter and eventually fell in love with her.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Had a couple like that in high school. I'd joke that the guy owed a debt to the girl's father, so he was forced to date the daughter and eventually fell in love with her.
    Sometimes they just keep coming around and before you know it, you all are together. Women be tricky like that.

Visual Dimension Your data The average response
    Words on the label: Verbal thinking 4.44 1.74
    Colors and text: Visual sensitivity 0.00 3.74
    Bottle contents: Functional thinking 4.44 1.67
    The bottle itself: Tactile sensitivity 6.67 2.91
    Light and shadow: Contextual thinking 0.00 0.79

What the hell does this mean? Only wrote 45 words in about 1 minute 20 seconds. Horrible typing speed I know. I used red label, yet nothing for the effort.

Also this test is bogus, you have nothing to compare the dimension of the bottle and the image is small, you're unable to give an accurate description to anyone within the 5 minute limit unless the person has prior knowledge of what something similar looks like.

Rockmanj you just wanted to know when people were born and where they live don't you. I gave bogus info, mawhahahahahahahaha

plastic bottle, red label. clear plastic. Twist off top. used for drinking water. Water as in H2O. Looks somewhat like a poland sping water bottle the 500ml variety. It looks almost empty, meaning it was previously used by someone, presumably used to quench thirst.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Mon, 01-23-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Even the guy running the test said that it is not possible to get a complete idea of your personality; just a small glimpse. I still thought it was kind of interesting.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I partly got those results because I'm bad at English...
    Let me explain:
    When I read: be careful with your typing, I immediately decided to write short and easy sentences.

I guess their statistical algorithm only works well with easy vocabulary, short sentences.
    Example:
    "I see a cystal clear bottle, with a blue label, a white cap on a white surface." Might be too difficult to score for the algorithm
    but
    "I see a crystal clear bottle.
    The bottle has a blue label.
    The bottle has a white cap.
    The bottle is on a white surface."
    Is probably a lot easier to decipher and then score points.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 01-25-2012 at 08:33 PM.

proven to be fake ages ago - that's different guy.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Naw, that's a false rumor though they do look alike in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npKXbriLBpM
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    So rejoice! your childhood is intact.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

This is an interesting article on networking: http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/01/...n-startup-you/

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Gotta NSFW that shit, bro
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries

Awesome toy is awesome.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I remember those very light and fragile plastic birds sold to children when I was a kid. Totally mechanic, rewind and throw. The thing did fly in nice circles.
    Never got one, mom and dad were crass poor at the time.

Nice little toy it is, fore sure.
    Thanks

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Crysis 2 for PC download for $10 on Amazon.com right now.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Blog Entries
    Canvas

Unleash your inner DaVinci.

Had to get off that page quickly. It'll suck the time right out of your life.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Found this list on reddit of some of the best low budget movies ever made, including a lot of titles for the artsy types who shun Hollywood blockbusters and big money productions with little substance or innovation:
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1229...et_movies.html

I've seen a lot of the movies listed and was able to add a good number of new movies to my Netflix queue.

I'm sure there are some final fantasy tactics fans here that might be interested in this:

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/inde...ics%201.3/home

What it is, is a patch for the original final fantasy game tactics, that essentially remakes it. Job abilities are changed, buffed, nerfed and/or swapped, with new animations for new skills. monsters are changed (mostly buffed) and the AI was made *far* more intelligent. I'm having massive amounts of fun going through this game. The challenge is real, and the skillsets are deep so as to provide you with a vast array of strategies and tactics to live up to the challenges.

There's also a patch that has all the contents of the versions I'm speaking of, but I think they kept the AI unchanged, so it's dumb, and the game is overall much easier. To apply the patch, you'd download a patching utility called ppf-o-matic and then load up an iso copy of your fft disk along with ppf file into ppf-o-matic.

Enjoy xD

- Inquisitor Czevak