Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1253

Thread: The Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Oh shit, Australia is a nightmare land filled with beasts and terrible monsters:

http://diply.com/just-a-dream/30-pho...ne-place/33811
    "They forgot the most noxious, toxic Australian creature of all - prime minister tony abbott."

I was expecting one such as this when reading the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    "They forgot the most noxious, toxic Australian creature of all - prime minister tony abbott."

I was expecting one such as this when reading the comments.
    The comments are pretty funny. I like the ones pointing out that in places like America, the humans are the most dangerous creatures running around.

The image on the first page scared the shit out of me. Is that a vampire or a gargoyle being eaten by that snake?? Turns out it's a flying fox, yet another horrid nightmare creature in Australia.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Funny segment on net neutrality and a call to flood the FCC with comments. I doubt it will help, but it's fun.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Amazing performance of Swan Lake by the Chinese State Circus... amazing what fear of a prison sentence and hard labour will do to bring the best out of performers:

You're a fucking idiot.

The Chinese State Circus is based out of the UK. It was created in the 1990s by Phillip Gandey. Note the banner at the top, and then look at their address at the bottom. Maybe read the paragraph in the middle if you are really ambitious.

It's ok, I know some Chinese people so it's not racist or xenophobic to make jokes about their home country's authoritarian rule.

Here's a dumb commercial from VW about the dangers of cell phone use while driving:

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Here's a dumb commercial from VW about the dangers of cell phone use while driving:
    I'm kind of happy that I don't even remember the last time I heard a cell phone ringing in a movie theater. Blabbering idiots of course aren't ever going to disappear, but at least cell phones remain mainly silent in these parts.

A pretty funny video in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I'm kind of happy that I don't even remember the last time I heard a cell phone ringing in a movie theater. Blabbering idiots of course aren't ever going to disappear, but at least cell phones remain mainly silent in these parts.

A pretty funny video in any case.
    I find that a large amount of people keep their phones on during the advertisements and trailers until the "feature presentation" reel where it reminds people to turn off their phones or set them to silent.

I'd still prefer the comfort of my own home rather than a movie theatre to avoid these people, though.

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    I find that a large amount of people keep their phones on during the advertisements and trailers until the "feature presentation" reel where it reminds people to turn off their phones or set them to silent.

I'd still prefer the comfort of my own home rather than a movie theatre to avoid these people, though.
    I hate people in movie theatres; I almost always get some jackass who kicks the back of my seat and/or another ass clown that is constantly on their cell phone. It's the main reason that when I do go (which is like 2 times a year now) I sit at the back and typically away from other people and I always wait until a movie is at the end of its life in theatres so it's almost a guarantee the seating will be mostly empty...but that's hard to plan because movies hardly spend any time in theatres.

Here's a cool website showing what a universal font would be like. It's an aggregation of hand writers all over the world:

http://theuniversaltypeface.com/home

Blog Entries
    http://imgur.com/gallery/OqFrt

Dude repaints dolls to look more like their original counterparts

There are The Devil Wears Prada action figures?? Not surprised the artist is a Flip. They are a very artistically talented bunch.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

I'd be cautious using that site.

Watching youtube clips posted by some guy named survivor030406. It's almost like following a soap opera... full of drunks and crackheads.

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries

I could really use one of these

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post

I could really use one of these
    I suppose you might find a use for it if you have something 5 cm long that you want to measure the angle of.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~om3d/

this is awesome, an kinda disturbing if you think how it can be(or it was) used.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Yeah, pretty cool. Though I'm sure the short video made the whole process look 500% more simple than it actually was. But that's how ads work, of course.