Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1444

Thread: Attack on Titan: Shingeki no Kyojin

Episode 87:

Wipe those bastards out, Eren.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Glad we got to see a little of the timeskip gap.

So...is Zeke dead? We didn't SEE him die, but we also haven't seen him since Eren's transformation. Did Eren eat him?

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    ROFL, next season announced for 2023.
    FUUUUUUUUCK!!

Wipe those bastards out, Eren.
    Yeah! Make sure you wipe out all those nice notTurks that welcomed you in while they, too, were suffering. And don't forget the notJapanese that actually helped you. Don't let a single one escape!

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    A final season is nice (and a nice surprise- back to another year of spoiler dodging), as a movie would take even longer to reach my eyes. I'm ready for Attack on Titan to be over, but there's no way I'm prepared for it.

I'm grateful the time gap was somewhat filled in here. It gives more context, of course, and reinforces how difficult a decision this likely was to make (even if it was a wholly evil decision for the sake of a few).

Historia's place is still unclear to me. She's not against the genocide, but doesn't want the memories of it to feel guilt over? Am I understanding that right?

The battleship scene was good and spooky. The threat of the titans should now be pretty real to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    The battleship scene was good and spooky. The threat of the titans should now be pretty real to the world.
    I actually found the image of all the wall titans swimming ridiculous. I assumed they'd walk on the bottom. (actually, with how small the ocean was revealed to be, I half expected them to just wade across)

I wish we could get a clear look at Eren's titan.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Historia's place is still unclear to me. She's not against the genocide, but doesn't want the memories of it to feel guilt over? Am I understanding that right?
    More or less.

She understands that Eren's plan is the most rational one if one was to prioritise Pradise Island's prosperity above all else, but she won't be able to get over her personal guilt. Eren was willing to wipe that guilt from her.

I understand Eren's side of things.

If one was to ensure no further Eldians get into a cycle of hating each other due to the titan issue, and one was to prioritize Paradise Island's welbeing above all else, genocide is an actionable plan.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    If one was to ensure no further Eldians get into a cycle of hating each other due to the titan issue, and one was to prioritize Paradise Island's welbeing above all else, genocide is an actionable plan.
    Just for clarification: What Marley (and the traitors) are planning to do, is genocide, too, right? You're not saying "only one side is trying to commit genocide"?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Just for clarification: What Marley (and the traitors) are planning to do, is genocide, too, right? You're not saying "only one side is trying to commit genocide"?
    Not technically.

Marley wants to destroy Paradise Island in order to get the Founding Titan. They still need Eldians around in order to use the Titans, so no they don't technically want to kill all Eldians.

Not technically.

Marley wants to destroy Paradise Island in order to get the Founding Titan. They still need Eldians around in order to use the Titans, so no they don't technically want to kill all Eldians.
    Ah, slavery. That's better then.

Ah, slavery. That's better then.
    Of the two choices between enslaving 10% of the human race, and murdering 90% of the human race, yes, it absolutely is.

That's moot though, because there aren't just two choices, and the "traitors" aren't on Marley's side, and as soon as Eren killing everyone is off the table, they'll go right back to fighting Marley.

Again the "there aren't only 2 choices", omg. Your continued trolling really makes discussion unjoyous :/ CLEARLY, this anime presents us with TWO choices. If this were real, then you might be right, but in this fictional story, two is the limit of choices, there were no hints at alternative choices. And between those two, both lead to genocide.

And I will say again: It wasn't Eren nor Floch's side who started this conflict. They were just living (and trying to survive) on a remote island.

CLEARLY, this anime presents us with TWO choices. If this were real, then you might be right, but in this fictional story, two is the limit of choices, there were no hints at alternative choices
    Yer dumb.

And I will say again: It wasn't Eren nor Floch's side who started this conflict.
    Isn't he? He's Eldian. And the first Eldian King is the origin of this entire conflict.

And since you love reducing everything down to 2 ridiculously oversimplified options, Eren is technically on the same side as the first king.

What I was surprised to learn was that Floch indeed was clued in on Eren's plan right from the start. Historia too.

What I was surprised to learn was that Floch indeed was clued in on Eren's plan right from the start. Historia too.

Yep, dito. It's what made me appreciate Floch even more. He wasn't some dumb underling, no, he was pretty much Eren's right hand.

I'm still not sure if Eren simply confided in him because he overheard everything, or whether Eren saw something in him. Historia was involved primarily because she holds the royal bloodline.

It looks like he sidelined everyone else because he knew exactly what kind of people they were - and if Historia the "bad girl" couldn't handle it then they wouldn't be able to either.

Where the hell is the ending?!

You talking about the outro song or the conclusion to the story?

I mean when is "The Final Season", season 3?!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I mean when is "The Final Season", season 3?!
    I wanna know when "The Final Season - The Final Part" is. >_>

I wanna know when "The Final Season - The Final Part" is. >_>

DarthEnderX: "Reasons and motivations? GTFO, lol!"
    There is no reason or motivation in existence that justifies what he's planning to do.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 12-26-2022 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    There is no reason or motivation in existence that justifies what he's planning to do.
    Team Mikasa/Armin want to commit genocide against Eldians "for the greater good".

Team Floch/Eren defend Eldians pro-actively by killing everyone else, because "everyone else" can't stop themselves from attacking Eldians.

If you want to say "there are no morally good sides here, everyone is wrong/right to some degree", that'd be okay. But painting Mikasa/Armin as the good guys and Floch/Eren as the bad guys, that's just insane.