Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Oshi no Ko

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's no wonder Akane has been called an excellent theater actor a couple of times now. She has the skills and dedication to really become someone else for a play, even if her own personality is just too nonexistent for a show. The way she analysed and researched Ai got some psycho vibes.
    They've been setting it up for a while now, but it isn't nearly as nefarious or creepy as it looks.

Akane is a Method Actor.

She took exhaustive notes on literally everything all the time. She does psychoanalysis on Ai. She burns every experience she has into fuel for her acting in the future. She's following Strasberg.

On the other hand and remarkably someone who actually respects Akane when she is coerced into admitting it, Kana is very overt this episode and previous ones that she doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks about her. But she pays a lot of attention to people around her. That's indicative of the Meisner Technique.

The series very methodically set up the pair as polar opposites in their respective techniques and approaches to the craft. Rivals in both acting styles and as women in a personal interest in Aqua.

It's easy to forget that the real veteran of the entire cast is Kana. She's been continually acting since she was very young. The others started later (Akane) or took breaks (Aqua). They all call her senpai because she is in every aspect of the entertainment world.

MEM-cho got to shine a little with her mastery of the internets, heh. Streamers aren't all looks if they want to really be popular. She knows her shit and she invests in her equipment.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 05-24-2023 at 07:55 PM. Reason: reorg some sentences for clarity

I'm concerned now that Akane's skill at profiling is going to lead to her figuring out who Aqua's father is, and that's going to get her killed...

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    That ending scene was more hype than anything Demon Slayer has put out this season.
    I'm tellin' ya, it's the music drop!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I'm concerned now that Akane's skill at profiling is going to lead to her figuring out who Aqua's father is, and that's going to get her killed...
    That would certainly help Aqua to track down the man. It's already lucky to get away with a murder (even in Japan with its incompetent police force), but if you do it twice, it's better not to waste time on planning the future anymore. Technically the man didn't murder Ai, and I suppose he wouldn't directly murder Akane either, but with Akane he might need to become more involved. Ai was a bigger celebrity, plus the whole family thing was good fuel. Finding a suitable loser to kill Akane could be more difficult and thus more involved. The windbags attacking her online would be no good.

Let's speculate together (only those who don't know the manga or otherwise, pls): What are possible excuses that would make the father of Aqua and Ruby NOT seem like a total asshole (and possibly murderer)?

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

goat anime. i hope aqua and ruby's dad get got ya feel me. ��
    unless it wasn't him... i hope the killer gets got. yup.

I'm official.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    What are possible excuses that would make the father of Aqua and Ruby NOT seem like a total asshole (and possibly murderer)?
    If he was somehow completely unaware that Ai was having his kids.

Otherwise, he is at best, a deadbeat dad. At worst, a conspiracy to commit murderer.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Let's speculate together (only those who don't know the manga or otherwise, pls): What are possible excuses that would make the father of Aqua and Ruby NOT seem like a total asshole (and possibly murderer)?
    Not many are viable. His interactions in the prologue were phone conversations that made him aware that Ai has kids and established he didn't really want anything to do with them. Maybe if he was in some shady dealings, in danger himself, and didn't want to drag her into it by being near, but that is a weak (and altogether too Jdrama) plotline to entertain seriously given what we've seen.

Good thing is that vigilante justice has a much lower burden of evidence.

The father could be a married man and his wife is a yandere. So, the father might have just been super careful and thus not willing to meet the kids, lest the scary wife finds out. She found out anyway and arranged Ai's murder.

I don't really believe this theory to be it.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Akane will probably be both a very good profiler/detective to help aqua, but also a very good bait if she can copycat Ai to genius levels.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

why not something supernatural?

maybe the story Ruby told the presidents wife (current president, Miyako?) ends up being true and they really are birthed from the gods? and that's why they had to be reincarnated, because a union between a god and a mortal can't create new souls.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    It's true that Sarina and that Doc reincarnated as Ruby and Aqua... and being able to hold a high level discussion at 2 or 3 years of age is already un natural.
    But somehow they've kept the supernatural limited to just that, some arm twisting for the pitch and keep a shorter timeframe for the story.
    They could totally use that card again, but it doesn't feel like they will. That would be a shame if they did because almost every character with some developpement already feels OP.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It was used as a gag pretty much and now the wife has adapted. It doesn't seem like she cares anymore about dating hot guys.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

- if the father was married already, he's cheating scum
    - if Ai got pregnant by a god and died because such union is deadly, the god is scum
    - if the father was in danger himself, Ai probably wouldn't have had his number, plus he sounded grumpy on the phone, not "I'm in danger"
    - if contact would put Ai and the children in danger: still, why the grumpy phone reply, and also, come on. You cannot claim to care about your family when you NEVER see them in 5+ years

I remain with my hope that there won't be any excuses and he gets what Aqua has coming for him. Whether it's death or prison, whatever.

I'm not allowed to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    It was used as a gag pretty much and now the wife has adapted. It doesn't seem like she cares anymore about dating hot guys.
    Miyako is the unsung hero of the series imo.

She loves the two wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    The father could be a married man and his wife is a yandere. So, the father might have just been super careful and thus not willing to meet the kids, lest the scary wife finds out.
    That would still mean the guy cheated on his wife with a teenager. Which would make him still a total asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    It's true that Sarina and that Doc reincarnated as Ruby and Aqua... and being able to hold a high level discussion at 2 or 3 years of age is already un natural.
    But somehow they've kept the supernatural limited to just that, some arm twisting for the pitch and keep a shorter timeframe for the story.
    I'm honestly surprised that the fact that Aqua is a fully-trained doctor hasn't been used more. You'd think that would have uses.

Edit: Doublepost

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I can tell you that doctor knowledge in real life wouldn't help much if I decided to be an actor right now (medical drama aside). It'd help me with STEM subjects, but that's about it. Maybe I could call out someone's bullshit when they try to scam me with healthcare stuff, do basic life support or deliver a child when no one else is comfortable, but I can't see it being useful when people don't come to me for an examination or when I can't order tests / medications aside from the above.

For example, when Ai was stabbed all Aqua could do was go "GG".

I did wonder initially whether the kids were the producer's since they're blonde and Ai is not, but it has to be some other blonde guy for all the events to make sense. Producer's leaving after Ai's death looked a little suspicious but I think it was just for the sake of having Miyako and the children form a family unit with Aqua being the primary male of the household.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 05-26-2023 at 04:58 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I can tell you that doctor knowledge in real life wouldn't help much if I decided to be an actor right now (medical drama aside). It'd help me with STEM subjects, but that's about it. Maybe I could call out someone's bullshit when they try to scam me with healthcare stuff, do basic life support or deliver a child when no one else is comfortable, but I can't see it being useful when people don't come to me for an examination or when I can't order tests / medications aside from the above.

For example, when Ai was stabbed all Aqua could do was go "GG".

I did wonder initially whether the kids were the producer's since they're blonde and Ai is not, but it has to be some other blonde guy for all the events to make sense. Producer's leaving after Ai's death looked a little suspicious but I think it was just for the sake of having Miyako and the children form a family unit with Aqua being the primary male of the household.
    "Being a doctor irl is useless in everyday life" is oe of the weirder takes I read on this forum. ;>

I think him being an adult did actually help with Akane, probably made him more aware of how life can be seen for teenagers and how social media works. maybe also being a doctor helped, but I argue it's more that he has life experience.

as for hair color, unless explicitly stated to be blond, I don't trust the colors I see. they all actually have black/brown Japanese hair, unless someone outright claims otherwise.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Twist: They actually both dye their hair, because Ai did it to their babies because she found it cute, and they keep dying their hair out of habit ;>

Also to hide from their biological dad!!1