Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1444

Thread: Attack on Titan: Shingeki no Kyojin

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Zeke was way too inactive, just standing on top of the wall for most of the time. He should be throwing nonstop, especially at key targets like Pieck
    He's been doing everything! Taking out blimps, troops, Jaw, Cart(until she hid behind the wall). He single handedly turned the tide!

And Eren needs to stop his zombie-like walk forwards and just deal with Rheiner and the smaller titan first. Not sure why Eren is walking so slowly, either, he just needed to regenerate fully.
    I assume he can't. They can only regenerate so much damage. And he's taken a LOT of damage.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Yeah, Zeke was throwing a storm from up there, and the vantage point is why I assume he didn't try to descend to meet Erin.

Ylena has always looked kinda crazy, but that shot really sold it.

Very chaotic battlefield with allies and enemies constantly shifting. Interesting. Will Falco stay Zeke's scream? What a strange hostage situation.

I'm still assuming Erin is about to betray everyone's expectations due to some arcane memories he has.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Will Falco stay Zeke's scream? What a strange hostage situation.
    That is why I assumed Eren would eat Zeke; because Zeke won't do the scream when Falco is there, but Eren doesn't give a shit about Falco. But if it is like you guys said that eating Zeke wouldn't work and they need to "touch" (when was that established? Physical touching activates an ability? so weird), then either Zeke will scream anyway or there's gonna be another twist. Couldn't someone else eat Zeke and then touch with Eren? How about Armin eating Zeke? Or ... couldn't Zeke scream, then Falco transforms into a titan, and then titan-Falco eats Zeke, thus gaining his ability?

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Ylena has always looked kinda crazy, but that shot really sold it.
    Definitely a meme-worthy shot.

But if it is like you guys said that eating Zeke wouldn't work and they need to "touch" (when was that established? Physical touching activates an ability? so weird)
    In season three Erin discovers/supposes he can use the ability by simply touching someone of royal blood when he touches Historia at the ceremony. This is essentially a workaround to use the founding titan ability, because if a royal actually inherits the power, they are brainwashed by the first king. If a commoner has it and touches a royal, they can use the power without the 'safety lock', is how I understand it.

Every time you write "Erin", a kitten somewhere on this planet dies, neflight

(sorry, it's really grating lol. At first I thought it was a spelling error, but you keep doing it ...)

Thanks for the answer though. But who is the first king? Have we seen him?

How about "angry titan hating boy"? I've seen various subtitles over the years and seen it spelled so many different ways that I don't bother to commit the correct spelling to memory.

First king was the one who established Paradise island- he took a subset of eldians a hundred years ago from Marley and wiped everyone's memories (everyone on the island at least) while threatening marely with the rumbling if they ever dared come after them- so some of those people could live in peace, supposedly. There is a puppet-like show in the first part of season four that would serve as a good refresher- the episode before angry titan hating boy ate Willy.

It's エレン, which literally translates to Eren, so believe me that this is the correct spelling

As for the king, why would have still be alive after 100 years? I thought titan users don't get much older than 30.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

As for the king, why would have still be alive after 100 years? I thought titan users don't get much older than 30.
    There was a King.

He made Paradise Island what it is until the start of the series.

Somehow he exerts his will onto every Royal who ingests the Founding Titan, so no Founding Titan holder to date has been able to enact a rebellion.

Eren is a commoner who ate the Founding Titan. He can't use its powers unless he touches a Royal.

The king is dead.

Titan user's age is irrelevant. They live for 5 or something years once ingesting a special titan, we're told.

And before anyone asks, Zeke is a Beast Titan holder with Royal blood. If you eat him you inherit the Beat Titan power. You don't inherit his Royal blood.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

episode 78:

FFS, can't Eren EVER be the one on top of the game?!

Also fucking Gabi. Truly the worst character in this anime. She's comically annoying at this point.

Also fucking Gabi. Truly the worst character in this anime. She's comically annoying at this point.
    Gabi is infuriating. She's also one of the best written characters in the series. I'm dead serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Gabi is infuriating. She's also one of the best written characters in the series. I'm dead serious.
    I actually agree. That's what makes her so frustrating. You want to hate her, but you don't want her to be gone from the series.

Haha, Falco got the shit titan.

Armin needs to shift. Goddamn.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Haha, Falco got the shit titan.

Armin needs to shift. Goddamn.
    Yeah, wtf is up with Armin?! He could have at least transformed outside the walls and punched the carrier titan off the wall top.

FFS, can't Eren EVER be the one on top of the game?!
    A-ron had his fun at the beginning of season four when he infiltrated Marley and forced all of those soldiers to come save him after he started and ended a fight with the warhammer titan, so I don't think this is entirely fair.

Unlike what his father believed, this boy is not special. Just a dumb kid with some extra memories and maybe a little god complex, as demonstrated at the convergence point. He has gotten so far because he has literally had an entire nation pour its resources into protecting and shaping his power. Zeke has endured the same or more hardship in his journey and has, so far, come out on top in this exchange. Neither are heroes, unless your definition of a hero includes the genocide (peaceful or otherwise) of a group of people.

Sad what happened to Falco, and the roar was almost numb in the context of how morose AoT is with character death. I'm surprised that Gabbi is the one who finally pulled a real head spinner and catapulted us into what appears to be another story arc.

I wonder how long we're going to be at the center the coordinate, and what we shall learn now that Zeke has the power to full-Thanos his own people. He seems like he retains hope in converting little brother.

Not my thought, but the comments elsewhere pointed out that the title of this episode, "brothers", could be applied to the finality of both the Jagers, Colt and his Brother Faclo, and the Jaw titan and his brother, who all got some degree of climax this episode, which is pretty clever if you ask me.

What's sad about Falco, though? He'll regain his consciousness once the titan guy is properly swallowed. Best outcome for him, considering the Titan call was always happening, don't kid yourself.

I thought about whether it was dumb of Eren to reveal his true intentions the moment he did to Zeke, but ... he would have lost either way. Assume he didn't reveal anything. Then eventually Zeke would have just continued to order Ymir to do whatever he wants anyway, because Ymir only listens to him. So whether Eren says something or not, he wouldn't have been able to execute his plans.

What's sad about Falco, though? He'll regain his consciousness once the titan guy is properly swallowed.
    There was no guarantee that his titan would get to eat a shifter, or wouldn't be cut down or otherwise sacrificed or disposed of. His transformation also killed his brother who was pleading for his (Falco's) life. Zeke didn't even want him to be harmed. That's all pretty sad to me.

There was no guarantee that his titan would get to eat a shifter, or wouldn't be cut down or otherwise sacrificed or disposed of. His transformation also killed his brother who was pleading for his (Falco's) life. Zeke didn't even want him to be harmed. That's all pretty sad to me.
    Zeke controlled titan Falco to eat Rainer, then changed it to the other guy. Outside of being killed prior, Falco was absolutely guaranteed to eat a shifter.

What's sad about Falco, though? He'll regain his consciousness once the titan guy is properly swallowed.
    He's still only got 8 years to live now.

Zeke controlled titan Falco to eat Rainer, then changed it to the other guy.
    Zeke didn't change it. He was incapacitated at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    He's still only got 8 years to live now.
    Didn't just talk about this and that it's not known how long they truly live? Where was 8 years mentioned?