Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

Finally caught up. Katakuri is such a badass.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Looks like the (cat)-akuri is outta the bag! To eat so... metro-sexually... really does nothing for his brand.

I did like his "Iced tea will do" mercy quickly followed by a the impalement of the cooks when things got REAL.

Seems like now there's TWO new upgrade paths for Luffy.

Awakening his Devil Fruit. And even harder hardening.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Seems like now there's TWO new upgrade paths for Luffy.

Awakening his Devil Fruit. And even harder hardening.
    Woker awakening, harder hardening, and foremost foreseeing.
    Last edited by Assertn; Tue, 11-06-2018 at 02:03 AM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

So... big mom really let herself go if she went from chunky child monster to 2 story average mom back to the cremepuff she is now. If we assume that her or her husbands had to actually seduce one or the other to make the family thing work, it makes sense I suppose, but now the present day design has her thinner, too?!

For how little screen time he got, Pound had a nice little moment, there.

---

Carrot is so fucking cool! I want her to join so much!

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    So... big mom really let herself go if she went from chunky child monster to 2 story average mom back to the cremepuff she is now. If we assume that her or her husbands had to actually seduce one or the other to make the family thing work, it makes sense I suppose, but now the present day design has her thinner, too?!
    Yeah, she went from fugly, to fine(ish), back to fugly.

Seems like being in berserk mode for days without eating is burning up all her calories.

I wanna see Pekoms go sulong so badly now.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Alright, Katakuri is a pretty cool dude. He's getting some cool musical themes as well.

I'm glad this fight is finally going someplace, because it's just been, like, 8 hours of Luffy getting wailed on so far.

It kinda takes the tension out of things when you see that Luffy will just take infinite damage until he suddenly gains the upper hand.

Well, Luffy probably wouldve died if Katakuri allowed his sister to continue to help him win. He's beginning to acknowledge Luffy, anyway.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Well, Luffy probably wouldve died if Katakuri allowed his sister to continue to help him win. He's beginning to acknowledge Luffy, anyway.
    Yeah, but he's also been punching Luffy for hours, both in and out of show. It's starting to feel like he WANTS Luffy to win.

I can understand the desire to fight a worthy opponent, but Luffy WASN'T a worthy opponent at the start. And the fact that he seems to be dragging it out until Luffy somehow BECOMES a worthy opponent is weird.

Episode 870

This is the kind of amazing episode we get maybe... once every 5 years? Dripping with fluid animation, cool fight choreography (new Luffy move), and a killer pace (sans the 2 or so not fight scenes); this episode should be one for the history books. I haven't been so hyped and satisfied by a single episode of One Piece since the Bluno fight at Ennies lobby (gear second debut).

With the animation budget blown on this, buckle in for some nasty looking powerpoint animation for the remainder of 2019 .

Hey man, 50 episodes a year or high budget fight scenes. You can't have your caaaaakeeeyyyy~~~~ and eat it, too!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Okay, much like how 2nd Gear was way cooler than 3rd Gear, Snake Man is WAY cooler than Bounce Man. This part of the fight at least was outstanding.

Too bad the fight as a whole was paced like dogshit. And it's still dumb that Luffy got beat to shit for an entire day, but was able to even things up with just a couple minutes of offense.

I'm kinda curious, Luffy has a snake-style, and a gorilla-style, I wonder if he has styles for all of the animals he fought on that island.

Hey man, 50 episodes a year or high budget fight scenes. You can't have your caaaaakeeeyyyy~~~~ and eat it, too!
    I'll give up the 50 episodes a year in a heartbeat. Hero Academia showed us how much better a product you end up with that way.

Okay, much like how 2nd Gear was way cooler than 3rd Gear, Snake Man is WAY cooler than Bounce Man. I'm kinda curious, Luffy has a snake-style, and a gorilla-style, I wonder if he has styles for all of the animals he fought on that island.
    Well, so far, we've seen "bound man," "tank man," and "snake man," so I don't know if I'd say he's doing it directly.
    Honestly, I don't recall the pacing being *that* much different than in the manga...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well, so far, we've seen "bound man," "tank man," and "snake man," so I don't know if I'd say he's doing it directly.
    Bounce Man is clearly gorilla themed. It gives him gorilla proportions, gorilla coloring(black limbs with a bare chest), and his attacks in that form start with "Kong".

I forgot Tank Man was even a thing...
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 02-03-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Bounce Man is clearly gorilla themed. It gives him gorilla proportions, gorilla coloring(black limbs with a bare chest), and his attacks in that form start with "Kong".

I forgot Tank Man was even a thing...
    Nah man, he's a sphere. He becomes a bouncy ball.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

In a way, I kind of like that Sanji didn't reconcile with his family, but has essentially entered into a non-aggression attitude towards each other.

Also, is Pekoms dead?

Brulee debuted as a danger (against Nami, so I should have guessed she was low on the power scale), but has now become such a bumbling mess that I kind of feel sorry for her. A woman that old crying because her big brother lost a fight is kind of sad in a weird, dysfunctional family way.

If you don't watch the preview, this is a pretty somber episode. I thought for sure Mom would declare a ceasefire or something because of the deliciousness of the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post

If you don't watch the preview, this is a pretty somber episode. I thought for sure Mom would declare a ceasefire or something because of the deliciousness of the cake.
    Very well executed conclusion to the "cakey wa doko da" adventure. Yonkous don't mess around.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

GODDAMNIT JINBEI! Can you just stay with the goddamn crew already! FUCK! All this "I'm joining, but I gotta go do unfinished business first." is killing me!

I'm a little confused as to what exactly Pudding cut out of Sanji's memory. He still seems to remember who she is, so did she just, like, cut out the parts where she was shitty?

So now the Strawhats get to be hunted to the ends of the earth forever. Not because they attacked momma, but because she'll never stop trying to get Sanji back to make more cakes!

I honestly don't know why they bothered feeding her at all. At the rate she was going, it looks like she would have starved herself in another day or so. Problem solves itself.

Awful lotta singing in these last couple eps too...