Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Hopefully this is a simple question for anyone who works with databases. In SQL (postgres in particular) I want to retrieve all the columns from one table, along with some (but not all) columns from another table. Is there a way to do this without listing every single column from the table I need every column from? I'm new at this crap.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Where can I find this Naruto Manga Poster?

Hi guys,

I need your help, do you know where I can find this Naruto Manga Poster Naruto Poster.jpg

It's for a gift

Thanks

Has anyone tried MotioninJoy's driver to use a PS3 controller on a Windows 7 PC? It seems pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure about trusting a Chinese provided driver that requires you be online to use it (though there is a hacked method to let it work offline).

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    In a test, the minimun grade you can get is 200, the max is 800, to pass you need 600, how much do you need to pass percentage wise?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

600 out of 800 would be 75%.

B-but... that`s not possible :/, remember, the minimun is 200, not 0.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I'm thinking it's 66.67%.

800 (max) - 200 (min) = 600. 600 (min to pass) - 200 (min) = 400. So you need 400/600 to pass. 4/6 = 2/3 = 66.67%

YES! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Logical thinking questions like that get me sometimes too. The "train 1 left point A traveling 50kph and train 2 left point B traveling 75kph" questions also always messed with my head.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Likewise, a range is not the same as an average correct?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Likewise, a range is not the same as an average correct?
    Yes. The range lists the highest and lowest values of a bunch of scores.

The average is a number resulting from a formula that tries to even all the scores out.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

What are people's experiences with buying sunglasses online (eg ebay, amazon) if any? Some sellers seem to have pretty good reviews, but that's assuming people can tell the difference (also assuming GW is more sophisticated and anal than your average population).

Do you need special correcting factor on the glass on those sunglasses you'll buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    Do you need special correcting factor on the glass on those sunglasses you'll buy ?
    I haven't gotten sunglasses with prescription before, so I would likely be able to do without since it hasn't caused me any problems.

I'm considering a pair of prescription-spectacles too, but I'm not really looking at ebay for that.

One thing you do have to watch with on prescription sunglasses is distortion. If you want them to give you some side protection, with most prescription sunglasses you are going to end up with strong distortion at the edges and a much narrower viewing area.

Instead, I have a pair of prescription sunglasses/goggles made by Leader (better known for making swim or sports goggles and ski goggles). The lenses protrude a bit further, but there is minimal distortion.

I mostly use them for driving.

Another bonus, who would steal prescription sunglasses? They first moment they try them on they get all weirded out and put them back down.

I`m trying to make a grades sheet on Excel but reached a dead end. I need a formula that gives me a letter based on grades, so far i got =IF(E3<=59, "F"), so the result i get is that if e3 is less than 60, then it should give me an F, but i want to put other values as well, (60-69 for D), (70-79 for C), (80-89 for B) and (90-100 for A). Any ideas?

You could use Conditional Formatting in adjacent column. It should allow you to fill in a value and use a color coding.

You don't say which excel you're using, so these should cover it:

Grading sheet with conditional formatting

Conditional Formatting
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 02-12-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: replaced blogspam link with an original

Thanks, that worked perfectly, now i need a formula that subtract whatever points i have lost so far, for example, let`s say i got 0.8/1 on a quiz then the result should be 99.2.

Is plugging a laptop to an HDTV as simple as buying a cable or is it a "depends on wich laptop/tv you have" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Is plugging a laptop to an HDTV as simple as buying a cable or is it a "depends on wich laptop/tv you have" thing?
    Depends on the plug on your laptop. As long as the cable fits, into some socket in your TV as well as your laptop it should work.

The catch is that you can't make it work via passive digital/analogue adapters.

Is there a single cable that will do the trick?